Losi baja rey eats front ring and pinnion?!?!?!?!?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helinut

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all any help would be appreciated. I bought a losi baja rey and started the upgrades... almost everything is gpm steering and suspension links,vitavon rear axle king shocks. Center diff IS locked front has heavy oil. Stock motor was swapped out for a china 3500kv and pinnion gear is 10 tooth......the issue I'm having is even on 2s lipo the truck ate the front ring and pinnion. I heard the stock diff housing is soft so i bought the gpm aluminum and replaced the bearimgs.. at the same time i used losi ring and pinnion. After two runs on 3s lipo no jumping or driving like i was racing i lost the ring and pinnion again.....anybody have this problem

First thing I would do is tear the entire front part of the driveline apart and check every bearing/bushing etc and make sure nothing is producing extra drag in the front end. Makes sure everything turns and rotates easily.

This may sound basic but are you sure you installed a ring and pinion with stock parts or at least parts that have the same gear pitch?

If its neither of these things then Id probably try and find upgraded parts like TiNi coated or titanium gears and see what happens with that.

First thing I would do is tear the entire front part of the driveline apart and check every bearing/bushing etc and make sure nothing is producing extra drag in the front end. Makes sure everything turns and rotates easily.

This may sound basic but are you sure you installed a ring and pinion with stock parts or at least parts that have the same gear pitch?

If its neither of these things then Id probably try and find upgraded parts like TiNi coated or titanium gears and see what happens with that.
I am expecting to have another bearing that failed. I will have the parts diagram out as i open things up and look for something missing

I am expecting to have another bearing that failed. I will have the parts diagram out as i open things up and look for something missing
seized or not freely spinning bearings usually are the culprit. đź’Ż

Back