Losi 8ight rtr vs kyosho inferno $350 jobs... any good??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlyl3

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I’m about to buy a new nitro. Figured I should go RTR, so I was looking at the $350 losi 8ight and the equally priced inferno. Are these any good? About equal? I know that there’s a bumped up version of the inferno for 450$ but I don’t really wanna spend that much.
However, if it makes that big of a difference I will. I’m also assuming that these $270 exceed forza 2 speeds aren’t that great, but I could be wrong.

if the no namers (exceed or hsp or ?) for $100 cheaper are basically the same I’ll save the coin. I’m leaning toward the Losi. Figure that parts will be easily found and I can upgrade easily, but I know little.

I just want something I can rip through the track/dirt field and short cut grass basically and grow this hobby from the ground up with my boy. The members here are great btw.

Hey! Welcome to the crazy side of RC.

It's good to see new people into nitro. It's a different vibe.

If you were only comparing the Neo 3.0 and the Losi 8ight RTR buggies, I would go with the Losi option, given the mindset that you'd probably want to take it to a race track.

If you were comparing the Kyosho Inferno and Losi 8ight RTR's, it would be a coin toss. Both are pretty cool rigs, in my book.

Considering you're getting it for recreation, the Banggood and Amazon options are not terrible either. This goes especially for experienced users looking who are in the game recreationally; and are tired of paying the bigger prices in the brands readily available in North America. A lot of those products have target audiences in Southeast Asia, and some are pretty legit cars with healthy aftermarket parts ecosystems. Though, be aware that there might not be a lot of aftermarket service and support for many Western customers. If you don't know what you're doing you may get hung out to dry and be at the mercy of the internet.

However, back to your original question, your instinct going for the Losi 8ight RTR will be a good buy out of the box.

Hey! Welcome to the crazy side of RC.

It's good to see new people into nitro. It's a different vibe.

If you were only comparing the Neo 3.0 and the Losi 8ight RTR buggies, I would go with the Losi option, given the mindset that you'd probably want to take it to a race track.

If you were comparing the Kyosho Inferno and Losi 8ight RTR's, it would be a coin toss. Both are pretty cool rigs, in my book.

Considering you're getting it for recreation, the Banggood and Amazon options are not terrible either. This goes especially for experienced users looking who are in the game recreationally; and are tired of paying the bigger prices in the brands readily available in North America. A lot of those products have target audiences in Southeast Asia, and some are pretty legit cars with healthy aftermarket parts ecosystems. Though, be aware that there might not be a lot of aftermarket service and support for many Western customers. If you don't know what you're doing you may get hung out to dry and be at the mercy of the internet.

However, back to your original question, your instinct going for the Losi 8ight RTR will be a good buy out of the box.
You know honestly I’ve been a gear head my entire life, but growing up we lacked the resources for the hobby, so all my tinkering was done on neighborhood cars. Now that I’m older and boring my son loves anything with an engine like I do, so I want to allow for him to learn it if he wants to. I figure if I give them enough choices for positive things to do something will stick.

I am learning very quickly that these are kinda quirky compared to the engines I know, but I’ll get it. And hopefully not spend all the college funds.

I ordered Losi yesterday, can't wait to play with that thing. They started picking up in prices 411$ on amazon, 370$ in stores.
I found it for 350$ on ebay.
When deciding which one to get, my options were losi buggy/ truggy or Serpent 811. They are selling for 420$ and what I can see Serpent comes with better parts and more important novarossi engine, so basically Serpent is better racer of the 2. Now, the reason I went with Losi is because I already have electric version of Serpent and cause parts for Losi are so much easier to get. It's kinda gamble with availability of parts for Serpent.

Back