Losi 8ight 427 mach Glow engine.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meowzz

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi I recently purchased a Losi 8ight. I removed the engine engine, firstly the previously owner snapped off a Allen wrench in the heat sink and I can't remove it secondly it has a terrible bumpy surface on the crankcase wall.
I would really like to know if i can swap another engine on to the car with out fuss. As I can't find any crank cases or the same engine with out the postage coating costing a bomb.
Help would be appreciated.
1487612632822-1407688762.jpg 1487612564170-1947494391.jpg

crank sits in bearings so the case walls being smooth are a moot point as long as the case is crack-free.
if it still has decent compression and runs good, "run it like you stole it"

crank sits in bearings so the case walls being smooth are a moot point as long as the case is crack-free.
if it still has decent compression and runs good, "run it like you stole it"

Haha, thanks I knew that it would run I just need to know where to buy parts or similar parts. As I love to repair them. But thanks I will definitely 'run it like like I stole it'

Any standard big block will work. Your not married to that engine or brand of engine even. You may need to get some different flywheel shims, and perhaps raise the engine a bit so the starter clears the chassis, but otherwise, anything you can find will work. If your questioning it, post a link and we can give you a yay or nay on it. I don't know what shops you have or what you can find online for the UK, but guessing you will find more than I will.

Since it's a buggy, going with a huge displacement engine is a bit of a waste, you want mid-range torque and high rpm's, which you can find with most any 21 engine. LRP makes a 21 and a 28 with pull-starts. I've had 4 or 5 LRP 28's. Way too much grunt for a buggy, but for a basher, it's fun. I'd more than likely get the LRP 21 instead though if you can find one.

I do believe the 454 parts match up with the 427 parts

Back