losi 454 with losi 8ight clutch in revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamdude

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi i about to order a losi 454 engine to replace the lrp28 thats in my revo . I would like to upgrade the clutch from the stock traxxes 2 shoe setup. CAN i use the traxxas clutch bell with that clutch setup? cause i noticed that all the losi eight clutch kits on EBAY comes with a 13 teeth clutch bell i am hoping to use my stock traxxas 17 teeth clutch bell or do i have to order a seperate 17 teeth LOSI clutchbell?

I don't think you can as 1/8 clutch setups are considerably deeper than 1/10 scale. You will need to move the trans ahead about 1/4" to allow the use of an 1/8 scale clutch/bell/flywheel.

That's what I did on my revo so I wouldn't be stuck with narrow 1/10 shoes. Is a fairly simple mod to do. You just elongate the trans holes about 1/4 inch and grind a bit of material out of the chassis where the brake disk is. For added security, once I got my trans where I wanted it, I drilled a couple 3mm holes and ran a nut/bolt through the chassis and flange on the trans so it can slide back.

This is what it lines up like before moving the trans:
2006-0522-RevoSavageClutchMoveTrans.jpg

That was a savage flywheel/clutch/bell on an OS18TM in my revo. You can see how far I had to move the trans forward to get proper alignment.

Here you can see the slotted trans bolt holes, the ground area near the brake disk and the 3mm bolt holes I made:
2011-0410-Revo3.3ChassisModifed.jpg

I put a losi clutch on my lrp28 and had to move it forward a bit more than that. I'd take a pic but I'm laying in bed sick and scared to get up

I had to cut out 10mm or so from the chassis to cover the brakes moving forward too

what count clutch and spur gears are you guys running ? currently i have 20/40 for topend but want to change ,i think the stock clutch bell is 17(platinum) i wanted something more for both ,they are building a track close to my house and is the losi gear pitch the same as traxxas?

I put a losi clutch on my lrp28 and had to move it forward a bit more than that. I'd take a pic but I'm laying in bed sick and scared to get up

I had to cut out 10mm or so from the chassis to cover the brakes moving forward too

I had to do the same exact thing. There may be a pic in the link of my sig....

what count clutch and spur gears are you guys running ? currently i have 20/40 for topend but want to change ,i think the stock clutch bell is 17(platinum) i wanted something more for both ,they are building a track close to my house and is the losi gear pitch the same as traxxas?

I run 16/40. When I tried to run taller than that, my clutch would slip really bad. I ran 15/40 with carbon/teflon 1/8 shoes, but it started slipping, so I got a set of alloy shoes and went up a tooth. Seems to work fine this way.

I run all RRP steel gears in the trans with stock diffs/center and outer axles.

Back