losi 454 convert

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanki

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello and ty first off now for my question.i purchased a losi speed nt that ran for cheap i am a newbie to this hobby so it didnt take me long to burn up the engine this model is discontinued but i want to replace the old 3.4 nitro .20 displacement with a losi 454 with .28 displacement is this possible and if so what would i have to replace to make it work like tranny ,clucth or whatever and ty again in advance and if not is there another engine that would be a better fit

Last edited:
It would be tough to shoehorn a BB engine in the NT. Could it be done? Yes but it really wouldnt be worth the effort. A decent SB would be a better choice and yeild better results IMO.

See that's what I didn't know it looks the exact samee thing lol. So I need to look for a .20 displacement or smaller?

Yes, I would look for a high rpm .20 or smaller. Since the NT is starter box capable you would have many choices if you have a starter box.

Back