Losi 3.4 on Tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I was thinking of buying one these engines for my beater tmaxx. The price is right at $90.00 shipped. I have seen one on a maxx truck on youtube seemed to be a screamer. Guy said something about modding the engine case don't know about that but I am sure I could get it in there some how.

View attachment 12364

Last edited:
I love the Losi 3.4 I run in my ten-t. They seem to have more power and they can hold a tune better than the 3.3.

I think the crank has to be cut down a bit

transmited from a mobile communications device

Not sure about that but I have found some vids with info on the web. One guy said he filed the factory traxxas mount a bit. I emailed another guy he said its pretty easy conversion but nothing about the crank unless you run the cheezy start. I will not be using the cheesy start. Prob roto start of some type or just pull start. These engine are very cheap. I found one online for $50.00 shipped I think that is the best price on an engine, and they seem to be good quality.

It must just be the picture thats making the crank look a lil longer

i put the 3.4 in my tmaxx.yes you have to cut the crank down a little bit and grind the trans some.you have to grind the insides of the motor mount because the 3.4 block is just a touch wider than the 3.3.you can get the traxxas easy start to work with it if you use the 3.3 back plate and grind down the top of it to clear he rod inside.other than that its a pretty easy conversion.i haven't been able to run mine much since putting the motor in(been to cold)so i can't give a comparison between the two.

How did you cut the crank down. I am very interested in doing this conversion. And the vids of the 3.4 in the trucks online looks like they are putting out some serious power to me. I don't know how much more than the 3.3 but they def look like a signifigant inprovement to me.

I've cut them with a dremmel,

Back