Losi 3.4 high RPM after engine gets up to running temp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsoletepower

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey everybody. I've been a longtime lurker on these forums :) but I finally have a question that I was hoping to get some feedback on.

I am in the process of breaking in my engine but I have noticed that after awhile the engine idle speed goes up and the car starts rolling I'd say at about 15 mph. When the engine starts from cold/warm it runs great and the engine is idling fine (car ever so slightly nudges but doesn't roll) but after about 10 mins of running it starts happening again. I have checked for air leaks around carb and everything seems fine. The HSN and LSN are set to break in settings as per my engine manual.

I have checked my throttle servo and it has full range of motion, not catching on anything and is at min throttle when trigger is let go. The car is also brand new.

The engine seems to fluctuate between high idle and normal every 10 ft or so. I don't have much experience with nitro cars (been on electrics for a long time) so any suggestions are appreciated greatly.

I should mention that the factory zip ties around the carb intake hose and other hoses are still in place.

Last edited:
sounds like ur idle gap might be to big. make sure it is set .007 to .010....width of a credit card. factory settings might be a little lean also. idk

Thanks very much for your suggestion. Will try it as soon as the weather improves.

Back