Losi 10 sct nitro or Traxxas Slayer Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BanditDarvel

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm wanting to get a short course truck and have narrowed it down to these 2. Anyone have any suggestions?

What are you looking to do with it? Both can be converted into something else later on, the Slayer can be changed into a Revo, and the Losi can be made into a buggy (810) or truggy (Ten-T).

I didnt know the Losi can be made into a 810 or Ten T. I have been out of the hobby for several years. I just want something new because all my other cars are many years old. And now that I live in Socal there seems to be a ton of tracks within 50 miles of me. So I'm thinking I may want to tryout some racing.

The Ten T is awesome but I sold it when I bought my 8ight T. The bad thing about the Ten T and nitro SCTs is theres hardly any places that race those classes. If your not concerned with that then it doesn't matter obviously but I thought Id mention it just in case.

If you're wanting to race, you'd probably want to look at electrics, unless you go 1/8 buggy/truggy. Check your local tracks to see what classes they run, chances are, they won't have a nitro SCT class though.

I have been noticing that most tracks are electric. I'm just not a fan of electric. I got my first RC electric car when I was 9 (30yrs ago lol) and it was a Kyosho Ultima world champion car. And a couple years later I got a Kyosho Assault nitro powered buggy and never looked back. I have never officially raced but I always have wanted to, there was just no tracks around locally. I have had several electric cars over the years but they have always taken a back seat to nitro cars. My last Electric was when Traxxas came out with the Stampede. What was 15 to 20 years ago.

there is a guy on here form NY that has the Losi nitro SC, Super stand up guy, have done alot of deals with him face to face and when shipping is envolved @beave , see if you too can get together, he takes great care of his Rc's

you should be able to find a track that does nitro but most of the nitro racing is done on teh buggy and truggy side of things.

I'm sure I will find out more once I start meeting people here.

I have a slayer pro love it. But I will be turning it in to a revo. My local track has stop letting nitro racing because there was only ten of us that raced and like 35 electric racers. I suggested that have a mixed class. Nitro and electric if electric is that much better why worry about it nitro will never win right. Ha. I think that would just prove they prolly are the same to a point. Just like 2 stroke and 4 stroke dirtbikes. They had split classes until they seen that 4 stroke could do well against 2 strokes. It needs to happen in the rc world. Sad to say that I have no place to race now.

Back