Looks like I'm meeting a NASCAR crew chief this weekend.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
http://wp.me/p1BJNp-97

While Lemmen will serve as Rohloff’s crew chief Saturday night, “Crocodile Kyle” Lentz will be assisted by NASCAR crew chief and Ashwaubenon native Jeff Vandermoss. Vandermoss is the car chief for David Ragan and was part of Matt Kenseth’s 2002 Winston Cup Championship team. Lemmen and Vandermoss are old high school chums, and have a friendly $500 bet on who’s car finishes higher.

How, you ask, does it come to be that I am meeting him? The pit crew for Kyle Lentz consists of three people. Kyle (the driver), George (Kyle's dad), and myself. So not only am I meeting him, I'll be hanging out with him all night on Saturday. Hopefully I can learn something good.

On a side note, this could open the door for Kyle to get into NASCAR. His current car owner really wants to put him in an asphalt car.

Worked with Jeff last night, and again tonight. Nice guy, helped out alot. Glad I had the chance to work with him. Never really sunk in that he was a NASCAR car chief (not crew chief) until we were done. Of course, the radiator sprung a few leaks, and we had to change it, so we were really busy too. Still pretty awesome.

Dont follow nascar at all but that sounds like a great deal man congrats!

Yea, I'm not a huge asphalt racing fan either, but I love racing, and it's always cool to work side by side with a guy like Jeff.

Back