Looking into getting a nitro...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
So I'm thinking about getting a nitro, I've had one before but I've been watching videos on them and they seem to be alot of upkeep. What can you tell me about a nitro?

The T-Maxx 2.5 was my brief infatuation with Nitro.

At the time, electric models still used NiMh batteries and 540 brushed motors. Run times were about 5 minutes. Nitro was attractive because of better power and longer run times.

Fast forward to LiPo batteries and brushless motors, run times are high and motor power is often greater than you get from Nitro.

It's been an easy decision for me to stay with electrics.

Okay, ill put that in my mind

If you wanna run your RC often without spending too much time on repairs I'd go electric: for me, nitro's are just very fun to work with and it's about 60% of the hobby. However, my stock savage actually never disappointed me and I've put it through enough to say that😂only bad thing that ever happened was a broken spur because of a wrong mesh

So I'm thinking about getting a nitro, I've had one before but I've been watching videos on them and they seem to be alot of upkeep. What can you tell me about a nitro?
I wouldnt say they are more upkeep but they do require more tinkering than electrics. So, if your love to tinker then youll probably enjoy nitro. Its rewarding in it own right. Nothing beats the sound and smell of nitro. If those things arent your bag and you just want less tinkering and the raw brushless power then theres that too. Personally I lean more toward electrics these days but I will always own a couple/few nitros. Just two sides to the same coin for me :)