looking for opinons and suggestions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klown

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have been looking to get into rc drifting here lately. i found a nice ta05 on craigslist, talking with the guy thru email. anyway, he is offering me a losi night crawler rtr and the ta05 for my scx10. I'm not familiar with the MOA stuff, and a complete idiot about losi stuff. my scx is stock with rc4wd winch, I'm not sure about the losi yet. but just looking for some insight and opinions on the trade and specifically the night crawler. I'm looking forward to reading the replys. nick

The losi is not a moa, it is shaft driven like your scx. The main thing keeping the night crawler from being a comp rig is the lack of dig, but other than that it is a pretty good crawler for a back yard crawler.

i got some pics of it, and i think I'm gonna go thru with the trade. the losi has a sidewinder esc on it and aluminum threaded shocks. my scx is dead stock and is the rtr version instead of the kit version. and he is gonna throw in a rtr tamiya ta05 drift car, so i think it will be a good trade for my scx.

Yeah its definatly a good trade.

so i did the trade with the guy and so far i am pretty happy with it. here is a little more info on the LNC. it has a sidewinder esc, a traxxas 550 titan motor, a crap lansu servo(will be the first thing replaced), and traxxas 2ch am radio with 4ch traxxas rec. i have a turnigy 1600 3s 20-30c lipo at home i am gonna use, my orion 7 cell nimh batts dont do much justice to the truck at all. at this point i am on the proverbial fence with the worm gear axles, they make alot of racket when moving. but will hold the truck ANYWHERE! for giggles i like to hang the front wheels on the edge of the counter and watch everyones eyes get big when it holds itself from falling. pretty neat. the shocks are stock losi aluminum shocks, so they might get upgraded in the future. from what i have read, it seems that a lot of ppl are going with the sidewinder/traxxas titan motor setup. is this something that is going to crawl well for me or should i look into a diffrent motor? brushed or brushless? i am not a comp crawler at this point, more of a creekside basher (off topic, but that would be a good serial killer name... The Creek Side Basher. lmfao) any suggestions of upgrades that should be done would be great. i appreciate your time, replys and ideas. i cannot wait to get this rig on some big rocks.

Aluminum knuckles, C's, and rear lock outs are all good upgrades, also brushless motors on a 3 cell lipo work well in the Losi 2.2 crawlers, they are much less pron to burning out then a brushed motor and give decent wheel speed.

Back