Looking for long run times and lots of fun...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacRacing

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I used to have a miniT.
It was fun.
The microT was ok, but a little too small for me.

The desert truck looks ok, but maybe still too small.

I was thinking RC18MT, but I am not sure.

I HATE charging large batteries, and electrics typically have too short of a run time for me.

What is the best or some of the best electric for LONG run times and good to high speed?

Thanks,
Adrian

The new 1/16th ERevo might be worth a look.

seems expensive.
I have a stampede that I traded for, and the run time is about 5 minutes.
It is pretty bad.
I guess I run it wide open for most of the 5 minutes, but nitro is what i am used to, and electric is too short for me.
The miniT was better on run times, and I guess I was wondering if there was something out there that could do better.

Five minutes? For starters I would look into getting better batteries. My Slash will run for 20+ minutes on a 4200 mAh six cell stick pack...

You are probably right.
I was hoping to get something I could run inside and out. Something that doesn't need a lot of space.
Is the RC18 line still popular or considered the best?

I get near 20 minutes in my RC18 even with a brushed motor. Not full throttle all the time though

You are probably right.
I was hoping to get something I could run inside and out. Something that doesn't need a lot of space.
Is the RC18 line still popular or considered the best?

RC18's are pretty cool IMO. I am actually eyeing the Mini LST and the Mini Desert Truck. Maybe a little racer in my future...

the rc18 series is the best of the minis so far IMO they handle great and are extremely durable, run time is based on what battery you use i run a esky 1899mAh in my rc18 with a mamba 8000 and get 15 to 20 minute runs and charging takes just a little bit over a hour

Ok, here another questions...
On the RC18 line..

Which is the best?
18MT
18B
?

I kindof like the MT because I am a MGT fan, but if the B or the original is "better" I think I would rather get one of those.
Thanks!

I think the buggy version is the best looking. The only major difference between all of them besides the look are the wheel/tire combos. The MT has a larger tire than the other two and the buggy has a narrow tire up front than does the stadium truck version.

I also don't want to drop a lot of $$$ on it.. so stock for stock, the MT should last a good while too I assume.

Thanks for the info guys!

the best thing about these rigs is that its a 4 in 1 car, there is no best performer just differnt opinions on looks

Where are the best deals now?? I haven't bought an rc in forever.
ultimatehobbies seems to still have the lowest price.

I meant RC18 versus.. say miniT.. or some other mini.

Oh ok. The RC18 series is definitely more durable than the Mini-T. The only other mini I would consider would be the Xray.

and the x ray has basically the same construction as the rc18 series

Anybody want to trade a RC18MT for a Stampede??
:)
I gotta trade off that truck.

i would go with the RC18T version. i like that one the most because all you have to do is change the tires and adjust your suspension and it can be used for off road or on road.

But, so can the Buggy version which are pretty much the same thing except for the body and wheels.

I've had a few MT versions and they were always flipping over and are very unsteady and top heavy IMO.

the T version also has more upgradeable parts for it and can be bought pretty cheap used and parts are cheap. the only thing bad i can say about the stock RC18 series is the motors. that should be the first upgrade, than ESC and a decent battery pack and you should have that RC18 for a long time. with limited money spent. and years of fun. you can always sell it if you get bored, want something else, or if you just need the extra cash.

hope that helps you out a bit

Back