Looking at getting a SC Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigsfocus

RCTalk Member
Active Military
Reaction score
Looking at getting a SC Truck for a basher and possibly some racing. What is a good 1/10 scale SC Truck? I am looking at a Traxxas Slash and a HPI Blitz.

Traxxas slash 2 or 4wd gets my vote. VERY durable rigs with a HUGE aftermarket following.

Id say the Blitz out of the salsh and the blitz but Id look into a Losi SCTE above those personally

The Losi SC's have the slash and blitz beat in handling, but IMO, the slash beats them all in durability and after market support.

Cool. I am looking at a nice new Slash with a Raptor body on it. I am drooling over the 2012 Ford Focus ST Rally Body for the Slash from Pro-Line. Is the Slash fast out of the box or will it need some things?

It depends on if you get the brushed or brushless version. The brushless version comes with the velinion system, which on 3s, is pretty quick. You will probably want to re-gear it though when running on 3s, as the motor gets pretty hot running off road.

Last edited:
It depends on if you get the brushed or brushless version. The brushless version comes with the velinion system, which on 3s, is pretty quick. You will probably want to re-gear it though when running on 3s, as the motor gets pretty hot running off road.

Okay cool. I will probably want to go with the brushless then. :D

I purchased a Greg Adler Edition 4x4 Slash Brushless little more than a month ago and very happy with the purchase. I have abused this truck on a track that was not maintained and only things that broke were I lost a shock spring holder which popped off on the front and shock top mount screw came loose on the rear. The abuse was hard and these parts were expected to break since I ran it hard right out of the box.

I will be upgrading the tires and shocks on mine this winter for next springs play time to better handle the track I play at.

If you're wanting to bash a slash will do fine but if you want to race too Id look at something more race oriented that will still bash good. Just depends what you wanna do with it.

Mine as well. The slash is a great truck, I have really beat mine and it keeps going

I decided to pick up a used 2wd Slash with a 3800kv Castle Motor/ Sidewinder ESC. It also has a STRC LCG Conversion. It runs pretty strong and its pretty fast. I am already in the process of modding it. (Can't help myself)

I decided I wanted to do away with the Traxxas Slipper Clutch because I have read alot all over the internet about it being the weak point on the Slash. So I purchased a STRC Layshaft that converts it to use the Team Associated Slipper Clutch system. I am using the Avid Triad Slipper Clutch System instead of the Team Associated one. I am also going to install the RPM Gearbox for the 2wd Slash. Yeah, I hit the mod bug.:hehe: