Looking at getting a 1/16 revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showjyr

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I've been looking into a 1/16 revo and have a few questions...new to electrics.

I don't need a tx as I have a few, I want to run brushless and lipo...is it better to just build a truck than buy one?

What am I going to need running lipo? Charger, heatsink, connectors? Is the stock motor already brushless?

Any other advice is welcome...thanks in advance.

There are people that part them on ebay, brand new. You can probably pick up a roller, motor & ESC, for cheaper than buying the RTR since you don't need the TX setup. I freaking love my MERV, it's my favorite RC rig at this point. It's fun as can be on 2s power, and stupid on 3s power. I like many others here, will recommend a tear down to check that the diffs actually have fluid in them (mine, and many others were dry), a heat sink for the motor, and RPM bumpers front and rear. I also added a wheelie bar cause I like riding wheelies. It's tough as nails too!

I second that I have 2 of them
stupid crazy on 3s

I want to add the center diff and see how that works
maybe it will tame it a bit

Theyre stupid fast on 2 stock stick packs. i was really impressed with the toughness also.

Thanks guys, had a quick look on eBay and not much there right now...I'll keep an eye out.

Back