Long Travel Shocks for 1/16 crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
You guys think 80mm long travel shocks are too much for a wpl c24-1, I was thinking about getting them and giving them about half drooop so it sits pretty low but flexes very nice, ir should i get 90mm ones, I'm having a hard time visualizing what they would look like, the aftermarket shocks I have on right now sit around 65mm and give me about 7 inches of articulation from floor to top of tire. LMK!

Articulation is overrated. Competition rigs don't flex around themselves (maybe comp crawlers AKA space robots, but they are a whole other deal). Anyway, 80mm should be enough if you can get springs soft enough so it actually does sit low.

I tried many different shocks on my C24. 72mm were the ones that seemed to work best, but I ended up finding softer springs on ebay.

I tried many different shocks on my C24. 72mm were the ones that seemed to work best, but I ended up finding softer springs on ebay.
I'm coming to ask you all my wpl questions from now onebro, thanks sm

a long travel shock with 1/2 compression is adding zero benefit to the rc

you are forgetting the purpose of a shock.its not going to add any visual wow..ugh

so no a wl toy will not have a benefit from this..unlikely your skill level will grant you the ability to make this work

a long travel shock with 1/2 compression is adding zero benefit to the rc

you are forgetting the purpose of a shock.its not going to add any visual wow..ugh

so no a wl toy will not have a benefit from this..unlikely your skill level will grant you the ability to make this work
what if i have full compression with super soft springs, is that better? I have a good feeling it will work

Back