Live and Learn!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbnjzb

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, so, I THINK I did something dumb! It was about 30 degrees today so I decided to take out my Savage for a few. Just got a new heat gun and decided to preheat engine. I also had the head wrapped in foil tape. Worked out great heated up and went outside. I was driving for a few and first off, my front left wheel falls off after I tightened it prior to going out! (any suggestions on how to stop from falling off?) Then I tilt it on its side to put tire back on and nitro starts pouring out!!!
So, i am assuming I melted a perfect looking hole into the tank!!! Wow way to start the new year! Lol. I guess I learned how not to use a heat gun. (although I didnt have any problems starting it, wouldn't there be a problem?) any ideas or tips would be great, now I gotta get a new tank! Thanks for listening!

hole in the tank shouldnt hurt the engine as long as it didnt get to hot.

replace your huts that hold the wheels on. the nylon wears out after a few uses. blue locktight if that doesn't work.

Thanks I think I might try the loctite. I also plugged the hole in my tank with shoe goo! Seemed to have worked so far.