Little help with 104001 rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxel6912

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just put in a 120A ESC surpass hobby my motor is a castle 1406-7700kv sensored motor max 100.000 rpms .I'm using a 3s battery I want to put my 4s battery in.will my motor handle 4s? All that in my 104001rc 1/10scale buggy

Running 4s in a 1/10 scale buggy is pushing it. Be prepared to spend a bunch of money on parts because it isn't built for 4s.

I just put in a 120A ESC surpass hobby my motor is a castle 1406-7700kv sensored motor max 100.000 rpms .I'm using a 3s battery I want to put my 4s battery in.will my motor handle 4s? All that in my 104001rc 1/10scale buggy
That motor isnt even rated for 3S let alone 4S. I would not do it. you're just going to overheat it, blow out a motor bearing, and/or frag your rotor magnets. you're liable to eventually do that on 3S. Have you been tracking your motor temps to make sure you have a gearing ratio that will work with that motor on 3S so you dont burn it up?

4 cell pushes that motor about 29000 rpms past 100.000 .not a good choice on 4 cells.

Running 4s in a 1/10 scale buggy is pushing it. Be prepared to spend a bunch of money on parts because it isn't built for 4s.
Crazy to say but I have built a 8s Baja I know you guys know it, I will only run it at 6s do to it’s so much power and yes a lot money went into it.
And also not recommend unless you know what ur doing and you can mod and fab ur own stuff

Yeah I've seen it done but like you said, you have to know what you are doing. I have a suspicion the OP hasn't been into it long.
I run a Typhon Mega on 4s and it's stupid fast but I can't keep her on the ground and it's considered 1/8 scale.

Back