Lipo batterie help for 1/16th e-revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys i just baught a used 1/16th scale e-revo vxl. i have the 2 traxxas batteires in series and does pretty good think it does around 45 50mph but from what iv found lipo's are the way to go. I want to get 2 lipo's that will make the truck just rip! but i have no clue on what lipos to get, i dont know what 1 2 or 3 s means or anything so any help choosing the right lipo's for me will be very helpfull thanks guys.

Hey guys i just baught a used 1/16th scale e-revo vxl. i have the 2 traxxas batteires in series and does pretty good think it does around 45 50mph but from what iv found lipo's are the way to go. I want to get 2 lipo's that will make the truck just rip! but i have no clue on what lipos to get, i dont know what 1 2 or 3 s means or anything so any help choosing the right lipo's for me will be very helpfull thanks guys.

i run 1 11.1s lipo and its doing about 50mph can barely giive it full throttle

hey buddy if you want some good lipos, get the venom 2 cell. your LHS may have them but if not, you can get them from amainhobbies or towerhobbies. they are 24.99. but if you want some 3 cell lipos, i'd check out hobbyking.com. they are located in hong kong but their prices are super cheap, but shipping is alittle much just because they are in hong kong. I have two of these lipos and they are GREAT!!! if you think it's fast on the two NiMh in series, wait till u see these babies in your MERV...o and u'll have to solder traxxas connectors on the batteries too
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9326

It's probably best to run a pair of 3s in parallel rather than the 2s in series. It will give you fast speed and a great run time. The 2s in series tends to melt the electronics.

yes, make sure you know the difference beween "in series" and "parallel" I've ruined an esc running on 4s in series.

The 3s 1550 Zippy's worked great for me just stupid fast:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back