LHS has no clue?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos2767

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Went down to the LHS today to pick up some new fuel and my young boys wanted to get a few things as well. I figured since I was there that I would pic up a FOC for the Revo. When I asked for the kit, they had no idea what a FOC was so I told them Forward Only Conversion kit. All 3 of them just starred at me and then said that they had never heard of that before. They asked me what model of Revo I had and then followed it up with,'' We don't have much of any nitro parts anymore, is that supposed to go in the transmission"? It reminded me of going to an auto parts store and asking them for windshield wipers and the having them ask me if my truck was 2 or 4 wheel drive. I grabbed my fuel and left, This is a HUGE chain store too!

Huge chain store! Hobby town?

Mom and Pop shops all the way! Customer service can't be beat, and usually willing to price match, and if not well then I'd still rather spend my money there to keep them going.
They were there long before the chain retailers and they know a hell of a lot more then the maroons at the chain retailers as well.

It was Hobby people, and yes I do agree on going to the smaller ma and pa store but it is a lot further out of the way. I guess I will just make that sacrifice tho for knowledge!

If Hobby People is a franchise chain like HobbyTown it all depends on the ownership as to having knowledgeable employees.

I live approx 14 miles from 2 Hobbytowns (different directions). 1 has a lot of stock and very knowledgeable employees; the other had no clue and was very old school. (Owner didn’t know what a turbo plug was). He recently sold all stock at ½ off or make an offer and closed. He was in a great location and plenty of people were willing to shop there if he had run his business a little more professional.

I also never go to any LHS without part #’s in hand.

I did learn that yesterday and if I need a part, I will make sure I have the part #'s with me!

If Hobby People is a franchise chain like HobbyTown it all depends on the ownership as to having knowledgeable employees.

I live approx 14 miles from 2 Hobbytowns (different directions). 1 has a lot of stock and very knowledgeable employees; the other had no clue and was very old school. (Owner didn’t know what a turbo plug was). He recently sold all stock at ½ off or make an offer and closed. He was in a great location and plenty of people were willing to shop there if he had run his business a little more professional.

I also never go to any LHS without part #’s in hand.

Same here, makes the trip easier for me and the employees. Also this way I'm sure I'm getting exactly what I need/want. Learned this the hard way. Anyone need a full set of stock savage flux springs lol.

sorry about that, i am about to head down today or tomorrow to my LHS, small place and only place in my area. Most guys even 40 min away have to go there they know this but they do not beat you up to bad on prices. There service is ok at best, its like what ya need they dump a bin out you find your part. If they are selling a rc a used one its like its runs and thats all we know. They try to have things for everyone, you need used parts they have, you want nitro they have you want electric( seams to be taking over the shop more) . It is not like how it was years ago, i know i use to go when i was 19 , i would get in my car and just go HANG out. We would bring our rc that we where working on or just wanted to show off. We would bs , the owner/workers nice and for the most part we all would get SOMETHING. Things changed for sure even my LHS i feel as if its like hey get your crap and leave. No respect and even though i want to go there and get my temp gun i hate to say it i am about to just go threw ebay. I will pay like 1-2.00 less and earn ebay bucks/feedback. I know its not 2000 no more but i wish it was, man the nitro craze was nuts. The late 90's going in to the early 2000's was so much fun for me. I been a way for a few years and my visit to the LHS was like bring your car to a dealership. You know your going to get screwed over and there is not much you can do about it.

My LHS sucks man if you don't run short coarse electric they have no idea. I don't even waste my time there anymore just buy my fuel there. They tend to hate on nitro guys to.

My LHS sucks man if you don't run short coarse electric they have no idea. I don't even waste my time there anymore just buy my fuel there. They tend to hate on nitro guys to.

Same here bro, there my nitro fuel guys lol. I mean they have parts but how they do it i do not like it. They dump a bucket of parts you have to find it your self. They charge 2.50-4.00 more then internet. I understand that but there fake, owner soft talks people. He did that to me on my maxx dude did not know about the dust boot. He did not know anything about the truck. He called over another guy he works on the cars/trucks. I go hey can we check this motor out, he starts it and goes there ya go. I said bro we need to get this up to 200 deg or more. He goes that is on you, there was no one there and he would not go out side with me. I said can we run a few speed runs out back. He goes i do not have time for that take the truck or not. I have thought about going in there with the motor/ truck and freak out. Then i said what would that do? I would not get my money back and i would end up in jail over a nitro rc. So the best thing I CAN DO, and you guys can do is buy online and do not support the LHS. I just spent 140.00 they could of got that but they are rude and show no respect for the people that shop there.

Back