Lexan Picture Glue - Works?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fix14wd

RCTalk Qualifier
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hey guys, planning on painting a Blue moon beer theme as a Christmas present to a buddy of mine. I was wondering if I print the log out on a piece of paper and use the glue, will it work ok? Or do I need better quality paper like photo paper?
406748_10151277319788444_248329778_n.jpg

I use photo paper with an inkjet printer to keep the image from smearing. I wouldn't worry too much if it's a laser.

I've only used it a couple times but think the thinner the paper the easier it was to mold into the crevices of the body. For me the photo paper seemed to seperate after awhile unlike the regular printer paper which adhered pretty good

Thanks guys. The directions say to put a coat on the back once it's been adhered to the body. If I get a little glue on the lexan around it, will it show when I lay the paint down? I think I'm laying white around it. I may put a darker coat right around the edge to give it a shadow.

Great! I appreciate the feedback!
Wish I had started this two weeks ago when I got the body in.. :\
Too many ideas, too little time!

Here's a picture of one of my projects using the image glue. Krusty and the headlights are glued on images.

DSC000051.jpg

Hamz, that looks great!! I appreciate the pic, gave me a better idea of what's going to happen.

So I glued the main logo on this morning, everything went as planned. The I got the idea to use the Blue Moon bottle cap pics too. The plan was to use them where the cooling fans would be located. Well, as soon as I laid the first one down I reallized I had placed it on sideways. DAMMIT!!! It had already started to adhere so I was stuck. The only idea I could come up with was to turn the second bottle cap in the other direction, which sucks as the highlights on the caps are now opposite. Just doesn't look right.
:\ I guess I can use the excuse "You can read it from either side you stand on".... :\

Attention to detail. Hard to remember that sometimes under a timeline. I'm doing a little bit on the truck every day before work. Planned on having it ready by Christmas Eve, which is my next day off. We'll see... I still have shopping to do and family events that will take priority.
67953_10151280010958444_1463093104_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

And it appears I have a bristle on the left fan....Nice.

Hey I just picked up some XXX Main picture glue. All I have now is a B&W laser printer, my color printer is DOA. What kind of color printer should I get Ink Jet or Laser, for the best quality pics for the lexan pictures?

I'm just using an inkjet.

So let me get this strait, you print off any picture you want, on a quality paper? and put lexan glue on it? and stick it to the inside of the body? then pain over it.

Why didn't anyone tell me this before?

Now I got to get myself some and play.

Back