Let's Talk More About the Fastest Nitro Engines...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissan350z

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm a newbie to the gas/nitro RC cars. I've had the electric one's for quite some time now and want to move on to more "exciting" things in the RC world : )

I'm a Nissan freak and will not consider anything other than the Nissan 350z Body Style. (My username follows :)

I now have the Nissan 350Z 200MM body. People tell me I should get the 300MM body, but anyhow, that will come.

I haven't kept up with technology, so if you don't mind, please enlighten me in the fastest available Nitro engine available for racing. Yes, I'm aware of pro's and con's, but "it doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile", I want the fastest. I am not intested in "ready for racing kits" as I'm interested in building the RC car from the ground up. Completely custom! :D

Please provide all available details about the engine, so i can research it and purchase it. If you don't mind, providing me with details about a chassis that can go along with it will be great.

Suggestions on mods or whatever I can do to make this racing car rule will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nissan350z ;D

you didnt say what your putting this mill into, so, If I was building a new car and just wanted speed I would be careful of my choice because you can stuff almost any monster mill into a car for speed, but will it last? will you be able to control the car? can you tune it? center of gravity? If you are trying to build a nice car there is more to consider than speed, dont worry! your car will be plenty fast,but thinking some things through first will allow you to become a better builder and driver as well, I like os motors because they have a good selection and are all very reliable and powerful, clik this link and take your pick, good luck and welcome to RCNT!
http://www.osengines.com/engines/car.html

Last edited:
If you want a full on racer, you can't beat the NTC3. Its great in stock trim & you can customise it untill your bank account is dry
& still find more things to add to it. As for engines if you want the best, RB Concept X12 Rody or V12 Rody. I hope you have some cash cause they aint cheap.

IMO, i think the fastest engine would probably be the Novarossi NS12S5...makes 1.60hp@43,000(somewhere around there)...it has a low powerband so it'll get around most tracks really well.

Basically the fastest engines are going to be the Italian engines. But they're hard to tune. So if you don't always know what you're doing, then you shouldn't even buy one....it'll be too frustrating.

If you want a good reliable, easy to tune engine that holds the tune, get an O.S.

I'm running a ntc3 with a novarossi NS12S3 (1.52hp@41k). Things a monster with the engine. But again, it's hard to tune.

Originally posted by kwong2001

Basically the fastest engines are going to be the Italian engines. But they're hard to tune. So if you don't always know what you're doing, then you shouldn't even buy one....it'll be too frustrating.

I'm running a ntc3 with a novarossi NS12S3 (1.52hp@41k). Things a monster with the engine. But again, it's hard to tune.

I find the Italian engines easy to tune once broken in correctly, I havent had any experiance with your paticular engine {ns12s3)
but all the RB & Picco engines I have had have been very straightforward after the first few tanks of fuel. The rody is the most temperamental if the humidity/tempreture changes drasticly but other than that it is sweet. The OS engines are reliable but other than the Kuwahara TR .12 they wouldnt pull a greasy stick out of a dogs a$$.

Originally posted by newnitrofan
I would also consider a fantom. Check out their page
www.fantom-motors.com/main.htm

helllllll yes ... fantom rules the tools . fast. cool (running) and easy to tune . and last forever ...

or an os would be good , but what car do you want to get ..

i am also a nissan freak and love the 350z body , i told my gf that was all i wanted for my b day ... so she got me a hot as hell custom painted one.

Basically, you want the fastest engine.... It's all about the driver man. If you're stictly going straight, that's a different story. Going straight gets tired after a while. Now you start looking for handling because once you have all that power, you need a car to handle it all. TC3 is a good platform, but I like a Mugen MTX or Serpents. Again, I agree with Kwong. I'm a Novarossi fan.

Hands down the Black Pixi Rules.....

Italian power. Not to legal.. but if you want just power... it rules!

Originally posted by Jarc
Hands down the Black Pixi Rules.....

Italian power. Not to legal.. but if you want just power... it rules!

I dunno, even though I don't race, i'm more a fan of engine that are very powerful and race legal. I like to think ahead. Last thing i'd want is to buy an engine then 6 months down the line want to race it, but I can't cuz it ain't legal.

I know most club races don't care all that much about race legal or not, but I prefer to be. It's nice to know you could race in a national race if you wanted to...and were good enough.

this thread comes up time and time again, and i consistantly see incorrect info.

1. RB Concepts is a french company, not italian.
2. Rody modifies engines, they dont make engines.
3. The rossi is outdated, and is by no means the best engine, i used to have one.
4. hp doesn't mean crap. look around, and not only will u see that each company measures it differently, but the same engine will have different hp numbers. ie - the rossi states 1.6hp on tower hobbies, but only 1.3 at team trinity, neither of whom makes it.

the fastest engine is relative to the car it is going into, and what gearing u are using.

bottom line - most of the italian engines, as well as OS and some other euro brands are great. rody and paris can make them even better. any of these will make u happy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The RB Rody engine rocks.. I've been using Novamega's to with great success, but there are so many engines out there today thats good, so it's not easy to choose.

Just make sure you break it in correctly and keep the right temp, that's as important as going for the most expensive one.

1. RB Concepts is a french company, not italian.

Actually I've been told that Novarossi makes the RB-engines. I know it's a french company and all, and I'm not 100% sure about this, but it makes sense.

Speed, torque, specs ... they're all relevant but in my book they're only good in "bench racing." AKA, bragging rights. As many mentioned in prior posts, it's all up to the driver. Whether it's in the r/c world or the 1:1 world, smoothness and setup is what makes speed. Most of all, you gotta know the limits of the car and yourself.

So what would the overall fastest strongest engine be, for a savage xl 5.9?

Start your own thread. This one hasnt been posted in 12 years.

Back