Lets see those shop or garage pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if one of those removable top lefts would help you out Revo? These ones that use a pulley systems to remove and attach your jeep top with. That way it will be hung on the roof of the garage instead of taking up more room. I think you would still have room to pull in and out of there but it's hard to tell from these pics.

If it doesn't work on your side of the garage, you could put it on her side since her car is very low. Then just swap sides just to attach the cover.

Anyways, nice set up anyways:)

Ray

Revo, I was going to suggest the same thing! My father has one of the first year Miatas and got the optional hard top as well, for the winter. He actually rigged up a couple pully's and just hangs it from the ceiling of the garage because he had the same issues as you (always having to lean it somewhere, and wrestle with it). May be worth looking into, just to give you a bit more space.

As for the number of rigs, I just can't seem to get rid of anything! The Kyosho is purely a shelf-queen, since they don't make parts for it anymore, but I do get it out every once ina great while to let it stretch it's legs. The Duratrax is my son's, rest are mine.

Good luck Ray! Post some pic's when you're done so we can all be jealous!

Ray:

Can you see that white beam in the pic? It is about 8 inches above the Jeep roof line. The pulley, fully retracted upward with the top on it, is about 7 inches long. If the beam was not there I could mount the top pulley system somewhere else and it would be ok, but it just happens to be right where it need to be for the pulley. Not an easy way to pull the Jeep in on a whim!

And yes, it does rain on CA. If she pulls in with the Volvo top down, the Jeep top might clear with ease, but then she can't flip the top without pulling out if she needs to leave in the rain. Leather and rain do not mix.

Thats a bummer Revo dude :(

Well it was worth mentioning for sure. I'm thinking of doing it with my bed cover although I don't for see me removing it much.

Anyways, here is what I'm currently using has my work bench.

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

This is the new house w/shop...now the stuff in the shop is now moved out, we was buying the house while the owners still lived there.

Newshop.jpg

The shop came with a kind of make due bench that he put a Kitchen top on top of some dressors. It actually works pretty good for right now. I'll take a picture of it the next time I'm over there so you can see the before looks.

Ray

Ray, now THAT'S a shop! WOW!!!

Is it part of the main house, or what?

i'll have some pics in about a month after i get done cleaning up my house, deciding which room to use for my stuff, and ripping off all your ideas!!! i work out of whatever flat space i can find right now.

FastEddy said:
OMG its a 3some
Did you say anal?

I'll only come if you die your green hot pants purple and rename yourself "Precilla" LOL

Monkey Wrench said:
I like screwing!

Eddy/Sweet: I'll bring the Mystery Marvel Oil, you bring the D/A!

Okay...about the MMO...can we forget that? Comon, I know you're playing around, but you guys pick on me and then theres no one I can pick on! :whip:

sweetdiesel said:
don't forget spitfire, he is our gimp!

bring out the gimp....the gimp's sleeping...well I guess you'll just have to go wake him up then!

Wow...I feel loved... :idea:

Revo Rancher said:
Ray, now THAT'S a shop! WOW!!!

Is it part of the main house, or what?

Yes, It's attached to the house. It started out as a three car garage and the past owner closed it off and turned it into a wood shop. Then he added another three car garage behind it and a few other things. Now I want be making the whole thing in to a RC shop...unless I'm making some money off it ;) It's going to be sectioned up a little for stuff like :Auto work, my comic collection, misc crap, gym exquipment and RC work bench. I'll post up once I'm through with it...when ever that is :(

Also I found a cool bench at Homedepot that will work great. It's about 180.00 and comes with a pig board also. The frame is steel but the wood is partical board I think. The wood blows but will do great for what I'll be using it for :) So if anyone needs one, check out your Homedepo.

Ray

SpitFireV12RR said:
I'll only come if you die your green hot pants purple and rename yourself "Precilla" LOL

Okay...about the MMO...can we forget that? Comon, I know you're playing around, but you guys pick on me and then theres no one I can pick on! :whip:

Wow...I feel loved... :idea:

Wear a condom. LMAO

After reading the thread, I'm hiding my D/A (yes, I have the same type).

SVORay said:
Also I found a cool bench at Homedepot that will work great. It's about 180.00 and comes with a pig board also. The frame is steel but the wood is partical board I think. The wood blows but will do great for what I'll be using it for :) So if anyone needs one, check out your Homedepo.

Ray
I got one of those.....and at a deal since they gaVE ME THE super runaroumd....but the wood top is covered w/ sheetmetal on imne so it's pretty tuff....and the wood is over 1" thick to begin w/.....it's that super fine press board...just don't get it wet......the metal cover wraps around the edges so it's pretty HARD TO GET wet (STupid caps lock button)
Bench-2.jpg

Dsc04642.jpg

Last edited:
Yo, Plaidman, what be next to the brake cleaner, just to the right mon????!!!!

Good catch........
Its a flower vase... I know it is... can't tell me otherwise.
I'm sure thats his story and he will stick to it. If not, he will have to go on vacation....

Plaidfish said:
I got one of those.....and at a deal since they gaVE ME THE super runaroumd....but the wood top is covered w/ sheetmetal on imne so it's pretty tuff....and the wood is over 1" thick to begin w/.....it's that super fine press board...just don't get it wet......the metal cover wraps around the edges so it's pretty HARD TO GET wet (STupid caps lock button)
Bench-1.jpg

Bench-3.jpg

Bench-2.jpg

Dsc04642.jpg

You better clean that area up or else I'm coming down there with a rag and bottle of pledge in hand!

Plaidfish said:

Thats the one :cheers:

Ya, I forgot about the sheet metal. If it does get wet, I'll just cut some plywood or something for it but I realy don't for see getting it that wet. Thanks for the pictures, I was really wondering how well it would work for my RC bench. I also plan on installing a cabnet right by it or a pair on the wall above it.

Thanks again
Ray

Plaid keeps hitting the caps key, hmmm, either it's a smoky day in that room or he is typing in the dark. Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, hack, hack,.

With lots of "buds".

Man, Plaids got more (exhaust) pipes than I've seen in a while.... Talk about a total pipe hog!