Lets see them JATOS!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NonStop77

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm about to buy a jato 3.3 lets see what u have done to yours!!! :D

One of the first things I did was get new era's 17mm hubs and installed 1/8th buggy wheels/tires:
2008-0330-JatoWithBuggyRims-NEhubsBodyExhaust.jpg

Did a few other things, but picked up another set of old school OFNA "truggy" tires:
2009-0809-JatoWithOFNATiresSide.jpg

To help it stop better, I got a hot racing brake arm, then did a 2 disk mod on the brakes:
2009-1230-JatoDualBrakesSide.jpg

Then stampede tires on the rear:
2009-1230-JatoStampedeTiresRearExhaust.jpg

And a roll bar to try and keep from busting shock towers every time I run it:
2009-1231-JatoRollBarExhaustSide.jpg

Even got it to fit under the body:
2009-1231-JatoRollBarBodyOn.jpg

Then I got a slayer roller and pulled the engine out of the jato to run in the slayer... now that I have a 2 speed small block MT again... the jato may not get much runtime. I ran it once since the roll bar and stampede tires. It was in January with the temps around 30F. The tires sucked when they got cold. No traction at all.

It's a great little rig when the grass is short and if you want to hit jumps that put 3-4 feet of air under it. Much more than that and you crack crankcases. Trust me... I know! I think I'm on crankcase #5.

i just got mine its sweet ill post pics soon

Check my jato out what do u think?? look under my pics i got a few pics of my Rigs