Lessen's Mini-S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome Josh. I like the narrowed front tires. Makes it all look authentic. Too bad they don't make mini-Hoosiers. That would ice the cake. Heck, if the conversion's that cheap, I might just have to convert my T. It's been sitting for a while. That might bring new life to it.

Nice job man! Have you got paint on it yet?

Unfortunately no. I have a bad habit of drawing up paint schemes then just letting them lie around for months on end. I've started to draw out the theme though. I have an RC18B body that's been waiting for paint for a month and a late model that's been waiting for paint for probably 6 months. I'm a slacker when projects get to this point :thumbdown

Man this thing is really looks good, you've done a hell of a job on the tires as well!

-Michael

Nice work on the tires Josh. Looking forward to seeing the paint scheme.

Nice work on the tires Josh. Looking forward to seeing the paint scheme.

yeah, unfortunately, I can't realy show the paint scheme on the body section very well with it mounted. you just can't see the drawn lines very well. This won't be as complex as my Pepsi 400 late model but it'll still look nice I hope. The theme is a cross between Mcmurray's standard '07 Crown Royal paint scheme and the Special Reserve scheme they raced at Texas.

I'm in need of some true Gold paint. Any recommendations?

Jaime's having a pretty slow race so I decided to work on the Crown Royal sprint car in hopes that'll it'll level out my Sunday excitement level.. Lookin good so far I think. Just havn't figured out where to put "SPECIAL RESERVE". I was going to put it right below "Royal" just like it is on the box but the script is pretty small and I'd like it to stand out more.

Here's the look I'm attempting to get. The only exception is that I'm changing the shape of the striping to emulate the ribbon effect on his standard Crown Royal paint scheme. I just wanted to add a little more interest to the top section of the body. The color scheme will be like this...

untitled.gif

I'm starting to figure out how to use this fancy flash thing my wife has on this camera so here's a couple shots of the primary lines on the body

20080309_0562.gif

20080309_0561.gif

20080309_0560.gif

and the wing part... You may notice the the Crown Royal logo is off-center. I did this on purpose in order to keep it out from under the inside side panel bracing.

that front piece is gonna be tough to cut out but I really want to put that there.

20080309_0559.gif

man that looks like its going to be awsome.keep putting up more pics

looking good. can't wait to see this bad boy painted.

It's about time you try painting something. This better be good.

you know you're right. It would be a shame if I just continued to add more and more details to it, further delaying the actual paint process. It would almost seem like I was procrastinating don't you think?

Ummmm, I'll let you know in a day or maybe a week.

hehe :)

I decided to go ahead and put the SPECIAL RESERVE underneath Royal. I think it gives the top of the wing a more finished look. It's pretty small lettering but I have a bit more confidence after the Pepsi 400 car.

20080309_0563.gif

Dang dude, you've got a lot of projects! Too bad that's not Klien sprint car, I've still got prints, programs and tooling for a billet front shock tower that I made for local racer.

I decided not to attempt to add width the the rear tires. I think it would have looked great but it would involve more accurate cutting of the wheel than I am capable of with just a dremel. Besides, I would have had to move the shock mounts a little more inboard on the suspension arms to make room for the wider wheel. At at rate, here's a couple shots of the new front wheels

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

I am not a big sprint car fan," Real Race Cars Have Doors", Also love your late model. You got to add a Humper tire on the right rear?

Last edited:
Back