Leaking Fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Ninja 34

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi! I recently got a nitro and it is leaking alot of fuel. Do i need to lean it, or is somthing wrong? Thanks!:D

If its leaking from the motor you need to seal motor if its leaking from tank prob need to replace tank or fuel lines one but as 2revo said u need to give some more info

I couldnt tell exactly where, but deffinetely near the engine, and under it.

You seal an engine to eliminate air leaks not to stop an engine from leaking fuel.

Your engine can leak fuel out of the front bearing if its tuned to rich. Try setting the needles back to factory settings and tune from there.

A lot of 'air leaks' are also fuel leaks, since nitro engines create pulses, not just vacuum.
That's beside the point though, you have to clean this engine and look for the leak or else run it in a dusty area for a few minutes. It could be anywhere, but if you can't help us help you, you will never get it.

You seal an engine to eliminate air leaks not to stop an engine from leaking fuel.

Your engine can leak fuel out of the front bearing if its tuned to rich. Try setting the needles back to factory settings and tune from there.

I've had fuel leak out the back plate b4 from a bad o-ring and under the head from a bad shim it depends wear the fuel is coming from on the motor in which sealing the motor will fix the problem at least did for me

Alright, ill lean it out and see if that helps!

I've just never seen an engine leak from something a simple engine sealing could cure. My definition of sealing an engine is something you do in addition to having proper functions o-rings in place. The only time I've seen an engine leak from somewhere other than the front bearing or a bad or pinched o-ring either on the carb or the back plate was when there was damage to the engine but I digress, I am not an RC guru so I definitely could be wrong.

I'm no rc guru either lol but i bought a new motor for my firestorm and 4 tanks after break in the engine started bubbling fuel from the back plate took the plate off and i guess when the engine was assembled it messed the oring up somehow it was like part of it in one spot was ate away got a new oring put a lil rtv around the plate for good measure and havnt had a problem since. i bought my t maxx used from a guy and disassembled reassembled the motor and the head shim somehow got messed up and was leaking when i cranked it after assembly.

Back