"Last Hoorah" RCNT Bash ... input needed please.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no pressure about when you ask the owner. I know family always comes first. As far as the track, I see no problems as well. Money kicked up o the owner for use of the track is always a necessity.

As I said in an earlier post, grown men playing with expensive toys AND having access to running water? Well, the outcome has yet to be seen. I'm bringing a super soaker JUST IN CASE! LOL

The transponder system is not a necessity but a nice feature to see lap times and get some bragging rights. The competativeness always comes out amongst men but the numbers tell the truth.

Funny how you speak of having a compressor in the living room and the use of the tub for clean ups. You should see my house! Eventhough we have a workshop in the basement, it always spills over to the rooms, living room as well as the dining room! That's just the nature of the r/c beast.

As far as the hotels, whatever you suggest would be fine with me. It'll be the off season by then so rates should come down. Shoot, we spend all this money on our cars, what's a few bucks for a place to sleep in over night.

I've stayed in a few hotel or motels in Lancaster. They are all by the Dutchwonderland. Is that close enough to the track Corrado?

actually yes they are close enough, about 20-25 minutes. there are others not in the touristy area though, and closer.

NICE... I just used Mapquest, and found out that its only 18min from my Inlaws place..
I think I know exactly where it is too.. Near the Home Depot?

I'm not sure if there is a home depot near the track. the way i go into town from the highway i only drive 2 blocks and I'm at the track. i try to not spend a lot of time in mount joy, not that its bad, just that its fairly redneck.

Yeuh if you want to do a weekend vacation,this is not a bad place to do it. We could bash one day and do Hershey the next. Whatever you want to do. I'm about an hour out, but I know the local area. Jim(the owner) is really coll so I dont see this as being a problem, as I remember we tried to go to about the middle of Oct last year, I think b/c of all the rain-out we had.

There is not a lot of built in pit space, but some tables are attached to the drives stand for those not bringing tables.I could always put 1 or 2 (maybe more) people up if need be. Like I said I'm an hour out though.

psunitro said:
We could bash one day and do Hershey the next.

That's what my plan is going to be. Bash Saturday & Hershey Sunday

I would love to see this come together... I could bring a generator & air compressor if needed...

The details should come together by next week , I hope. So far it looks like it will be a good turnout.

generator isnt needed, the track has plenty of on-site outlets. i can haul up my compressor so you dont have to drag yours so far. i stopped in yesterday but the owner had left early for the day, I'm going to call him tomorrow.

Ask him if we can put a temporary brass pole in the middle of the track for some "entertainment."

if we're lucky his wife will be performing.

What's the target date guys?
I might try and go too....
how far is this from NYC?
and might I be able to catch a ride w/ someone from NY if I can get my crap to their place???
I might fly up next time instead of driving....

Right now, we're waiting for Corrado to talk to the owner but we're looking at end of september/begining of october.

By mapquests standards, about 4 hours. By my standards, we'll be there a lot quicker.

Diver6127 said:
Right now, we're waiting for Corrado to talk to the owner but we're looking at end of september/begining of october.

By mapquests standards, about 4 hours. By my standards, we'll be there a lot quicker.

Got room on the bullet express if I can make it???
I'll either be in Richmond hill queens or Brooklyn around ave j and 20th I think....not too familiar w/ brooklyn around there...friend just got place over there.....I could meet you somewhere for the ride and help w/ gas on the monster truck...lol

Not a problem. If it's just the 2 of us (don't know if sl0eg1n, my brother will come with his Savage or not) we can just try and save some money and take my Taurus wagon. If it's the 3 of us, then we can take the Tahoe Express. Full tank on that tahoe will reach about $70 on 89 octane. We can probably use the extra money we don't spend on gas on the hoes ... I mean Hotel. ;)

I'm not too familiar with Brooklyn as well but we'll find the place. I'm not too far from Queens Center. You should know the place. Even closer to the Pan American.

Hey Plaid, you want an awesome pizza while your in Brooklyn? Go to Originals pizza on ave. L in Brooklyn, best pizza and garlic knots! I can't stand Brooklyn, but whenever I am there I always go to Originals.

ok guys, i talked to the owner. we can have everything. water, transponders, and the track to ourselves. first weekend available is the weekend after halloween. so let me know what you guys want to do.

So that's November 5&6. It wouldn't be a problem for me. There's no chance for him to open up ona sunday huh? Would be nice to race one day with the pack then have a day of just bashing ...

Ok guys, it's time to chime in. Do you want to wait till November 5&6 or come during a regular race day? It's either that or find another place with a "not so busy race schedule" ....

Corrado, how about that place where you raced for cash, the one with the pretty girl in red with freckles and, and ,and .... damn, anyone got tissue? LOL

Back