large scale electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Castle Creations offers a brushless conversion for the HPI Baja series. Fast Eddy had a build up on one that posted a while back here.

I couldnt believe the incredible differance from gas to brushless power in that baja he did! I have seen a few converted on youtube & man do they SCREAM!

I know they are cool but large scale electric is just way too expensive right now for my taste.

Hmmmm....I am thinking that is more of a knock-off than the Redcats. I am not sure that motor has enough to pull a baja around.

check this vid out.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_gDk9EsIjM&feature=fvw"]1/5 Scale Electric Conversion Kit - YouTube[/ame]

My next question is how long can you run before that ESC over temps?

True. I decided I am going to get a gasser because I heard they are much easier that nitro. I don't want to get something expensive(HPI Baja)(Losi 5t). I just want something that will be a ton of fun riding on a big smooth grassy field.

You get what you pay for. Beware of the clones and their lack of aftermarket and OEM parts support. If you are on a budget, you might try buying used like I did. Try either the For Sale section or the Wanted to Buy section here and on our sister forum here:

http://www.largescaleforums.com/

Yeah..are clones bad?
I was thinking of getting a King Motor Baja
I don't think i will be breaking many parts because I am not going to be doing jumps or any of that stuff.

If you can afford the baja you will not be disappointed. I just bought mine and It's awesome. No need for a temp gun, no charging batteries after 15 minutes of run time, and the fuel is way cheaper. If you go to largescaleforum.com they have people on there that have bought the king motor with mixed reviews. Personally if I could not afford the baja then I would've gotten the redcat over the king motor.

Best Baja clone that I have seen is the Rovan. The clones are decent if your not sure if large scale is for you. If you have the money and know your going to stuck with it then just get the real deal. Parts for Rovan and king motor is a non issue for the most part as the hpi parts (OEM and aftermarket) fit them.
After the holidays I plan to get a Rovan ordered.

Yeah I was talking about the king motor baja.

Are you talking about the King Motor Baja? Have you had any problems with it?
Is this good?
http://www.vvtecracing.com/Cars-and-Trucks/Spyder-Buggy/
People on large scale forums told me its an FG Marder clone.
Industry leader? Um...I am with Geek, I smell something on their shoes....and I am pretty sure it is BS.
Just because it is a clone does not mean it is of the same quality. Integy clones stuff but we know how good 90% of their crap is. For what it is worth the Redcat 1/5 scale gassers are pretty decent and we had one guy that used to be here that had a couple of them and Bajas.... he said they were damn near as tough as the HPI Baja. If I was to buy an non major brand 1/5 I would go with the Redcat personally.

Back