Kyosho Ultima SC question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is it just me, or do the wheels on this, especially the rear, look way off kilter? I almost bought it, but passed because of how odd the rear looks, and it doesn't look like there is any adjustment to straighten it out. It does have camber adjustments, but no toe adjustment that i saw on it. The only other thing i could think of is maybe the rear arms are on the wrong side.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Id say thats normal. Traxxas nitro 2wd do the same. Look through the parts, there maybe another wedge set or they may have different hubs in various degrees.

Last edited:
The hing pins appear to mount in eccentric bushings that are keyed to the hinge pin mounts. They appear to be adjustable. It is a pretty slick design actually. You might have to zoom in to see the eccentrics details.
Screenshot_20220201-180647_Dropbox.jpg

Screenshot_20220201-180708_Dropbox.jpg

After looking at the assembly manual though, I don't know. It doesn't show any adjustment. Maybe those are just crappy images sowing a weird shape to the bushing and the hole. Would be easy to check though.

Last edited:
The hing pins appear to mount in eccentric bushings that are keyed to the hinge pin mounts. They appear to be adjustable. It is a pretty slick design actually. You might have to zoom in to see the eccentrics details.
View attachment 141358
View attachment 141359
After looking at the assembly manual though, I don't know. It doesn't show any adjustment. Maybe those are just crappy images sowing a weird shape to the bushing and the hole. Would be easy to check though.
I found a couple different threads on it, and, it looks like you can get bushings that go in those blocks that change the toe angle. You can also get offset rear hubs for it. I dont see why anyone would need 4 degrees of rear toe though.

I found a couple different threads on it, and, it looks like you can get bushings that go in those blocks that change the toe angle. You can also get offset rear hubs for it. I dont see why anyone would need 4 degrees of rear toe though.
It depends. Maybe they did it for racing and stability. I have never ran an RC with that much toe, so I have no idea if thst much would be good for that or not 🤷‍♂️

Hey could you tell me which bushings you mean and maybe where to buy them? i just bought a cheap Ultima SC from Ebay and one bushing seems to be very loose

Hey could you tell me which bushings you mean and maybe where to buy them? i just bought a cheap Ultima SC from Ebay and one bushing seems to be very loose
STRacing concepts and MIP used to carry parts for them. I'm not sure if they still do or not though. You could try looking through this thread: http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/kyosho-ultima-sc/45055-sharks-kyosho-sc6.html or this one: https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/790546-kyosho-ultima-sc6-thread-41.html and see what you find.

Back