Kyosho Raider shock length

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I need to know the shock length for the Kyosho Raider so that i can get a modern oil shock.

I will try, the shocks are seized up, thanks!

Do you have a picture of the shocks? Aren't they just the Kyosho reds or golds?
They are the red friction shocks. I will try to take a picture of them when possible.

They are the red friction shocks. I will try to take a picture of them when possible.
If seized take pliers to each end and pull.. or if bent bang it straight then pull.. or Google it you will know.. but in the Rc shock your trying to measure.. and it will come up bud.. and the RCs are measured in. MM. Not inches so you know

If seized take pliers to each end and pull.. or if bent bang it straight then pull.. or Google it you will know.. but in the Rc shock your trying to measure.. and it will come up bud.. and the RCs are measured in. MM. Not inches so you know
Thanks! I will do that when I have the time to do it.

This is my Raider, I am working on figuring out how to take the shocks apart.

edit: i found the manual for it online, and it shows the shock lengths.
front: 70mm
rear: 73mm

Attachments

• CECEBE8B-B628-4E60-A7E7-DD607F16BDD1.jpeg
    CECEBE8B-B628-4E60-A7E7-DD607F16BDD1.jpeg
    508.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
This is my Raider, I am working on figuring out how to take the shocks apart.

edit: i found the manual for it online, and it shows the shock lengths.
front: 70mm
rear: 73mm
That will make things a lot easier.

i need to buy a repro body to repaint, the original one is falling apart. The Lemans 240st motor is super fast. It has the original transmitter and receiver that the original owner put in. How do you adjust the toe on the Raider?
How did this screw get so bent? It’s from the left-rear shock.

Attachments

• 729F9AEF-8ECD-4086-969F-8A5062F16470.jpeg
    729F9AEF-8ECD-4086-969F-8A5062F16470.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
i need to buy a repro body to repaint, the original one is falling apart. The Lemans 240st motor is super fast. It has the original transmitter and receiver that the original owner put in. How do you adjust the toe on the Raider?
How did this screw get so bent? It’s from the left-rear shock.
Do you jump it.. because that's all I can think of.. a hard landing

Nope, but the previous owner might have. I use it mainly on the street.
Well there you go... #1 rule to buying or getting a used RC... you ways give it a complete break down... and I mean complete to where every screw comes out all bearings everything... clean it all.. then rebuild... I even do a complete check over with one's from the factory RTR... always

Well there you go... #1 rule to buying or getting a used RC... you ways give it a complete break down... and I mean complete to where every screw comes out all bearings everything... clean it all.. then rebuild... I even do a complete check over with one's from the factory RTR... always
Yeah, i bought it a year ago for $50, the car works perfectly fine, though