Kyosho mp9 tik4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikespaniel

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, I've just got back into nitro after years away. And I'm already pulling my hair out, what remains of it anyway. I've just bought a new kyosho mp9 tik4 and whilst doing my checks before starting it for the first time and the back brake don't work. The actual disc is working and stops the drive shaft but the rear diff and wheels just turn. I've checked the the grub screw and that's tight. The front brakes are perfect. I've also put a Allen key on the crub screw and turned it till it hits the chassis brace and the rear wheels and diff just turn. I don't mind sending it back to where I bought it but it's a balls ache due to the value of it and cost of postage. There must be a kyosho expert amongst you. I've tried posting on another site.but no one seems to know. Help!!!!!

id tell you to pull apart rear diff. sound like diff gears are not set correct.. or not even touching.but that will void your warranty . take it back to shop that sold it to you

id tell you to pull apart rear diff. sound like diff gears are not set correct.. or not even touching.but that will void your warranty . take it back to shop that sold it to you
Hi, thanks for the reply, I'll take your advice and post it back to them. Pain in the arse as I haven't even started it yet. Trust me to be sent a new buggy with a knackered rear diff.

spin rear driveshaft to make sure I'm correct. have it on a stand and see if both rear wheels turn...I looked for some pics online showing the rear diff gear assemble and found nothing usable.

Yes both rear wheels turn along with drive shafts

IMAG0611.jpg

The rear brake does work as it locks the drive shaft but the wheels and rear diff still turn unlike the front that does work. That's why I thought it was the grub screw

ok . Id also look into rear gear thats in diff at how that gear is secured to rear drive shaft...

id pull rear ds and look at gear that goes into diff make sure you have a flat spot on it and go as far as getting a tad longer grub screw and make sure its got a place to grab as shaft turns and then brakes are applied.