Kyosho Beetle Custom Paint

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headlights tinted and LED's installed.
20221129_065518.jpg

20221129_065703.jpg

Window masks removed, and I tinted the sunroof.
20221129_071757.jpg

20221129_071816.jpg

And I couldn't resist a little preview of things to come 😜
20221129_072125.jpg

Last edited:
Preview is nice. Very nice. Tire choice fits the build as well. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Yeah, stickering can be iffy. Know the feeling. Sometimes it just doesn't look right or feel right. Sticker placement to enhance the body rather than detract from it is an art. Stepping back for a re-look can help. "NOS" on a dune buggy! Yeah, buddy. Be a real kick in the behind. Use that sticker and you'll need to 3D print a NOS tank to compliment the sticker. :cool:

Mechanix Wear is a favorite sticker of mine. My stash is depleted. Where did you get yours? Full sheet of various sizes or trimmed from another model donor sheet? Like to find a source for them.

Preview is nice. Very nice. Tire choice fits the build as well. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Yeah, stickering can be iffy. Know the feeling. Sometimes it just doesn't look right or feel right. Sticker placement to enhance the body rather than detract from it is an art. Stepping back for a re-look can help. "NOS" on a dune buggy! Yeah, buddy. Be a real kick in the behind. Use that sticker and you'll need to 3D print a NOS tank to compliment the sticker. :cool:

Mechanix Wear is a favorite sticker of mine. My stash is depleted. Where did you get yours? Full sheet of various sizes or trimmed from another model donor sheet? Like to find a source for them.
I have collected sponsor decals for years from various sources. The ones in that pic though all came from the Traxxas sponsor sheet. I grabbed a couple of those off ebay awhile back.

If you want some nice decal sheets, check out https://mciracing.ca/. The guy makes awesome decal sheets pretty cheap. You can design your own sheets too, and send to him to be printed. And yes, he can print with white ink 😉
Wow that looks great! I didn't realize how tiny that thing was till the pic with it in your hands!
Thanks man. Yeah, it's a lot smaller than the no-prep bodies you're used to handling. It is a true 1/10 scale buggy, made back when scale really was a thing. These days, scale more means what size tires it takes 🤪

Went ahead and converted our current Turbo Scorpion to the Beetle. When the new Turbo Scorpion arrives, we'll just build a new Scorpion. Still waiting on a roll bar, and had to order different wheel adaptors for the rear. Also, will need to order the correct driver figure to finish this build off. Oh, and a motor and ESC.

Here she is, nearly complete. Man, I love this buggy!
20221130_093631.jpg

20221130_093637.jpg

20221130_093650.jpg

20221130_094319.jpg

Shes looking great, really like the color scheme. The scale part of me wants to put a fake motor over the electric motor can.

Thanks guys. One more build coming soon. Think with the Turbo Scorp I am going to go with a covert military look 😉

Looks good! 😍😎 I am not patient enough for detail. I might if I get a tamiya or kyosho or something like that.

Back