Knocking the dust off of my account with a question for you all..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelCityNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Whats up everyone? I haven't checked in for a while.. been pretty busy with the side work (running my pa system for bands) and i havent done much with my rc's. I had some free time today so I tuned up my revo. I got it near perfect.. it idles steady, and it doesent have any lean outs or bogging down. However, when starting it, it will fire up and stall.. if I jog the throttle a little.. it will stay running. everything is tuned on the lean side and i have to have the idle a little low so it doesent take off on its own. There certainly is some wear obivously if I have to have it a little lean. But anyway, if you guys have any ideas on what I should adjust, throw em out there. Thanks

I would richen the LSN 1-2 hours...and bump up your idle a tad if it's not starting up and staying running very well. You could also just add some trim in there and adjust it back down, but that tends to be a pain...

If like it on the lean side - you'll just have to deal with jogging the at start up. I don't mind using the trim to get it running and then back it off after it's warmed up.

Yeah, thats basically what I've been doing guys. I can deal with it that way.. i think its just the engine getting a little worn out. But, if I can get a few good days in before the fall I will be happy. Once the snow hits I can rebuild or replace it.. something to do while it's cold out. thanks for the input.

Back