Ken Ken's Birthday!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Short video clip of my nephew Ken Ken and my niece Yassi. It was Ken Ken's birthday yesterday and my wife and I sent them money so they could treat Miriam's whole family to McDonalds for Ken's birthday. Now I know what your thinking.... "McDonalds for a birthday?". Well yes because in the Philippines fast food is a luxury and is not readily affordable for a lot of Filipinos. They were all so happy to eat fried chicken and gravy with rice from McDonalds! I know, I just blew your mind again because you probably didnt know that McDonalds serves fried chicken and rice!

Fun Fact: Almost all fast food places in the Philippines serve fried chicken and rice lol.

Ken Ken and Yassi are calling me Tito Shane which Tito means uncle in Tagalog. I love my Filipino family <3

Happy birthday, KK!

In Hawaii, you can get rice with breakfast platters. 7 Eleven has various dumplings and Spam musubi. I miss these type of local offerings since I've returned to the mainland.

Happy birthday, KK!

In Hawaii, you can get rice with breakfast platters. 7 Eleven has various dumplings and Spam musubi. I miss these type of local offerings since I've returned to the mainland.
I think about 1/3 of the people that live in Hawaii are Filipinos lol

They are so cute. And you and Miriam are awesome family!

I think about 1/3 of the people that live in Hawaii are Filipinos lol
It seemed like more than that when I was living out there. My last girlfriend, before meeting my wife, was Filipino. The culture is very, very similar to that of mine, Vietnamese.

It seemed like more than that when I was living out there. My last girlfriend, before meeting my wife, was Filipino. The culture is very, very similar to that of mine, Vietnamese.
Yeah I felt like I was being conservative with that estimate. I know its a lot though. I love Filipinos, they are such a warm and pleasant people. It was a real eye opener when I went to the Philippines for the first time. Makes me appreciate what we have here a whole lot more. Even if the US is pretty messed up right now.

......It was a real eye opener when I went to the Philippines for the first time. Makes me appreciate what we have here a whole lot more. Even if the US is pretty messed up right now.
The US has what's referred to as first world problems. It pales to the more profound problems of poor countries. We're all sometimes spoiled by how much opportunities this country can truly have for those willing to work for it.
Being an immigrant, my family and I have lived the American dream. But, I too sometimes forget and fall into this first world problems mindset.

The US has what's referred to as first world problems. It pales to the more profound problems of poor countries. We're all sometimes spoiled by how much opportunities this country can truly have for those willing to work for it.
Being an immigrant, my family and I have lived the American dream. But, I too sometimes forget and fall into this first world problems mindset.
Grey and I were just talking about our first world problems today, so funny you bring that up 😉

Grey and I were just talking about our first world problems today, so funny you bring that up 😉
Yeah, while us common folks grumble about the high prices of everything nowadays, the top 1% are griping about the shortage in availability of their favorite caviar or having to wait a year for their new ordered Bentley to arrive 😉

Hey guys, lets save all this thanksgiving sentiment until November when we are supposed to be thankful. Right now we need to be prepping for Halloween! 🤣 That's right First world problems baby!

The funny thing is they seem like theyre happier than we are. As a collective nation I mean.