Just picked up a GS Storm RTR Plus

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellik

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everyone.

This is my first post and here are some pictures of my first buggy, GS Storm RTR plus.

http://www.ekphotos.com/frames/frame_nitro.htm

Can anyone tell me if this car is any different from the original GS Storm?

I have only been a year in the sport, also have a HPI MT2, and now I want to do some racing. Since this kit is not a race kit I am wondering what upgrades I should think about, if any. Any comments welcome.

Regards,
Elli

congratulations on your first buggy purchase, nice buggy.

for racing you will probably want to get a faster motor like a collari motor, and a carbon fiber radio tray, carbon fiber center diff plate, and some stronger shock towers, and a jammin jp-1 pipe. you guys can add to my list of racing parts if i didn't get all of them.

he doesn't need all that, the b02 is more than euff to race or run around with.

things you WILL want to address though.

Rx pack (of course)
steering servo (lil more ooomph)

but, most importantly.

shock towers (pro 7075, GS-STP08 and 09)
steering plate (pro version, p# GS-STP04)
kingpin holders (spring for the machined 1s, u'll never look back, the 3deg version, GS-STP11)

a good starter box and your set.

make sure where ur runnin that u have some appropriate tires.

lemme know what you need or advice u'd like. eventually u'll wanna go after a better radio system, but u can hold off for now on that.

http://ryan.thewarf.com/RC.php

-Ult

Last edited:
Just go racing!!

The Storm RTR+ is a nice buggy and comes with a pretty nice radio set-up unlike most RTR's. If you're itching to spend a little $$...Ultegras suggestions are right on the Money.

Mr T

Thanks for the info.

I already built myself a rx pack, and installed two Blue Bird servos that I had. Both with metal gears. Have no experince with them though. Has anyone used Blue Bird?

Elli

well there's a good start, might i also suggest for 10bux gettin the dynamite throttle and brake linkage, much easier to work with.

feel free to hit me up. all i have is GS stuff.

-Ult

The storm is a great buggy...now go out there and break something..lol

One thing i found to be weak are the stock shock towers.

You can use the stockers for now...but if u can purchase some towers ...get them.

good buy, thats the exact buggy I'm buying my brother tomorrow for his birthday. i have the LHS holding one for me.

chris, how did you run last wk, havent heard from ya in a while.

-ult

i ran OK. had some car issues in 2 quals. i wont be there this week due to things that happened there other than racing.

What has been said has been right on. But I think you have thicker towers than the orig. Storm. Looks that way.Chris,measure yours when you pick it up from Josh.
I race mine bone stock and have no real issues with it except I can't drive and those walls keep getting in my way! Also fill the diffs with fluids. Which BlueBirds do you have? I just got the 620 for the steering for mine.

The Diffs have silicon oil in them already, tha car came that way, and yes the front tower is a bit thicker, 4mm I think. I will check the servos when I come home from work.

Thats cool that they come filled,my original Storm just had grease in them.

Yeah, the Storm Plus already has some upgrades that the original Storm didn't have. The Storm is a great buggy and should be plenty strong. I really love mine!

Did anyone else notice the hinge pin holders? They look to be the metal ones with a nut on the bolt. This was a normal 'hop-up' that many storm users did.

Last edited:
yup i saw the holders when i picked my bro's up today. very cool that they did this. there's also a lot of hardcoated parts on it where there used to be blue anodized.

the holders are prolly the cast pieces and not the machined. those run 60/set.

now granted psunitro can get a lil creative and work around that, but thats another story.

-Ult

psunitro asked me about the Blue Bird servos. I have BMS-631MG for throttle and BMS-620MG for steering. These are the specs for each (at 6v) Both have Metal Gears and dual bearings

BMS-620MG 144 oz-in 0.13 sec / 60 deg
BMS-631MG 86 oz-in 0.08 sec / 60 deg

The only complaint I have is that's to cold outside to run the engine in. There are some new pictures at http://www.ekphotos.com/frames/frame_nitro.htm

Take care.
Elli

Ya, you want to make sure to break in the engine at warm tempature out side, cause you have to keep the engine 230-250 degrees, and so are some good servos for that buggy, GJ!

MMMM clean. Wont be that way for long!!!

Back