Just ordered a Hyper 7 PCR, got ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott baker

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am new to nitro, coming from electrics. Just ordered a Hyper 7 PCR. I want to gather all necessary support equipment/tools for this buggy. What will I need? Does Ofna use metric or SAE hardware on their buggies. TIA

I just got the PCR in yesterday! Other than a phillips, the only wrenches I've used are a 2mm and a 2.5mm. Crap there's one more, it's a tiny one used on the linkage stops, but I don't know what size it is. The buggy comes with all the tools you need for it minus the phillips and flathead. They're all L-wrenches though, personally I like the Dynamite set :thumbsup:

Great, sounds like I have the necessary tools. What all is included in the RTR package? At one time I heard a starter box was included but now I hear pullstart, what gives? I am interested in breaking my engine in as soon as I get it, what all do I need to accomplish this? What fuel? Glow plugs? Glow igniter? After run oil? If a starter box is not included woul I be better off gettin one for break in?

Originally posted by scott baker
Great, sounds like I have the necessary tools. What all is included in the RTR package? At one time I heard a starter box was included but now I hear pullstart, what gives? I am interested in breaking my engine in as soon as I get it, what all do I need to accomplish this? What fuel? Glow plugs? Glow igniter? After run oil? If a starter box is not included woul I be better off gettin one for break in?

The engine come with a pullstart installed, and also a starter box. To break the engine in you'll need tough knuckles! The starter box struggles to turn it over, but I've gotten it to do it a few times. The package also comes with a glo ignitor, plug, fuel bottle and all the tools you need (L-wrenches) minus a phillips screwdriver.
You don't need another box for break in, you can use the pullstart, that's what I'm doing. Fuel IMO is a personal preference. I'm going with Odonnel 20% on this one....kinda sucks cause I'm running different fuels in all of my cars/trucks!
Also get another sterring servo from the get-go. The stock one is crazy weak, RC Car Action rated it at around 40oz.

Thanks for the info. I'll just live with the weak servo through break in.

40oz.. that is prolly too weak for the thottle too.. first thing.. you need fuel..
Alot of patience.. cuz breakin is a pain.. dont get frustrated.. cuz we all had the breakin blues..
get another steering servo.. you could go cheap.. hitec 645mg for like 50 bux.. or get a highspeed get a 945, or 925mg servo all three of those servos are over 100oz.. i got the Airtronics 458 200oz servo
other than that.. you should be set.. use gloves when pulling on that pull start.. or you will get alot of blisters..

It's kinda weird, I'm looking forward to breaking that thing in. I'll enjoy that much more than replacing my master bathroom floor like my g/f would rather me do. Doing anything in the garage while drinking beer is better than doing anything in the house. Plus my r/c stuff provides the therapy I need. Thanks for the servo info.

Opps summited post to wrong part of thread . thats funny BeQuick i thought that i was the ony one that did things like buy stuff right away to avoid problems with my wife. the hardwear store is right next door to the hobbyshop so if i need anything i just think of something that needs to be done around the house and it a free ticket to the hobby store.plus the wife is tickeled pink that I'm going to do something around the house for once (after i put the part on my truck)lol

LOL @ scott.. haha.. thats what alot of people say.. i would rather break in a motor than do house work anyday.. lol

Originally posted by scott baker
It's kinda weird, I'm looking forward to breaking that thing in. I'll enjoy that much more than replacing my master bathroom floor like my g/f would rather me do. Doing anything in the garage while drinking beer is better than doing anything in the house. Plus my r/c stuff provides the therapy I need. Thanks for the servo info.

HHAHAHA this is soooo funny to me, because I've been fighting the same thing around here. I got half way through ours and then the buggy came in.....LOL.
All I've got to say is STAY AWAY FROM PEEL AND STICK!!!!!!
We were looking for a new floor and "hey check that out just peel and stick, that can't be too bad" well HELL it really sucks. Do yourself a favor and stay away! Nothing about it is just "peel and stick". It's nothing but a PITA and it would look much better if we went another route.
But hey, my buggy is running strong!

Originally posted by GilBeQuick

HHAHAHA this is soooo funny to me, because I've been fighting the same thing around here. I got half way through ours and then the buggy came in.....LOL.
All I've got to say is STAY AWAY FROM PEEL AND STICK!!!!!!
We were looking for a new floor and "hey check that out just peel and stick, that can't be too bad" well HELL it really sucks. Do yourself a favor and stay away! Nothing about it is just "peel and stick". It's nothing but a PITA and it would look much better if we went another route.
But hey, my buggy is running strong!

I own a flooring business, needless to say the last thing I want to do when I get home is flooring. BTW, I could have told you to stay away from peel and suck. I'm going with ceramic, luckily this is my master bath and we have other places to pee and washup. On topic, I think I have everything to get my buggy broken in as long as the pullstart holds up.

Back