just moved

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_desert

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys i just moved to my new neighborhood and there is no good place to bash accept for the road...so i want to get my buggy ready for the road..i already got road tires..what should i do about the clutch bell?? should i get more tooth on it?? and what about the spur gear? more tooth or less?

I wouldnt worry too much to be honest. I have 2 speed buggy and only use it on tarmac during the winter to keep it clean! Still use off road tyres though have just ordered on road ones. Only other thing I did was stiffen up the shocks to take bouncing out and therefore transfer more power to the tarmac. Goes like a rocket in first, though have peoblems when I hit 2nd in that it is behaving like its struggling for fuel. I have posted this issue under a seperate thread. But no, I wouldt worry about the gearing for road use.

too lean i think...what about the clutch bell and the spur..so should i buy one with more teeth or less for more speed?? my buggy isnt that fast but has a lot of power.. so what should i do?

As I said, I wouldnt worry. Why go to the expense and hassle of stripping the diff out? Will probably go faster on road anyway as its a hard surface and not bouncy and slippery like grass or dirt is.

Back