just got a stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batmanninja

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just got this today n i need to know about how it works. Trade used came with 2 bats. They r charging now. I had one with a lil charge in it n i tried running it. Response is ultra slow. Low battery?? The lil box on it is xp digital sc200 any help would b great

Last edited:
Found the manual for the esc but it doesn't mention anything abouy hesitstion/not responding like i am used to with a nitro. Is that the way elec works?? Cuz in videos i see they seem to respond pretty quickly

Recently got into electric. No worries stil have nitros. If your running more than 2cells in your battery and they sat awhile. They may need balanced. You can pick up a "blinky" for $30. Pretty easy. Poor response
Is most likely due to uncharged batteries i would be patient and slow charge them after their balanced. Your lhs may do it for you..

Sounds like you have nimh batteries that may be bad, or just need cycling, if they have been sitting or have some age on them they will most likely need to be replaced. you should have instant response if the batteries are good.

Ok just got home i charged my bats last night. Still get like a 1-2 sec hesitation b4 it does anything. I reset the esc n checked all wiring. Bat that i am using is brand new n it happens on all my bats.

if you are using lipo batterys make sure the light is green on the esc but if you are using nimh batterys make sure that it is red. what truck is it is it brushed or brushless?

Stampede nimh brushed. I fingered it out the previous owner had the antenna wire run in the same chase as the wire from the esc to the reciever. Manuals are great. Read them!!!

Thought i had it but no. I get perfect response in reverse but i get like .5 sec hesitatiom in forward. Y??? Manuals dont help me on this one.

Ya i been messing wit that seems to shorten responst time. Guess i just will have to get used to it not responding like nitro.

Back