Just finished a Jeep lid...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
RCNT member, Mayhem, donated this lid to RCNT for a future giveaway. He asked me to paint it up... Look for an RCNT lid giveaway, sometime in the near future...
paint 001.jpg

paint 002.jpg

paint 003.jpg

paint 004.jpg

paint 005.jpg

paint 006.jpg

paint 007.jpg

paint 008.jpg

Lessen said:
kewl! I like the partly "rolled down" window. That's pretty cool.

Thanks.... I did that on one other lid for the first ECB, & it was a hit... Kinda adds character... lol

Looks like I'm going to win this one too!

Team 17 said:
Looks like I'm going to win this one too!

It might just fit your new MGT too.... lol In your dreams buddy... The MGT is mine....

Thanks to ImBroken for painting it and thanks to me for donating the body.

I think we should have a contest not just a giveaway what are some idea's?

It will be trimmed and ready to go for the giveaway... Should I cut out a fancy hole in the windshield for cooling, or leave that up to the winner?

rolex you need to get them damn kid to stop staring at me before i cold cock his ass i know he's stalking me....lol i told you kid I'm NOT your DADDY

Can I have this body? I don't have any money for parts that I need (ie shocks) but I can buy a body. j/k The jeep looks good IMB. You going to send that to me at the same time as my new MGT or should I expect it later?

Looks good TJ. Did you get a chance to use the frisket paper on that one? If so, how did it work? I still think it will be tons better than liquid mask. I've hung up my brush for now. Gotta wait until the move is done. But once I'm settled I'm going to start some experiments and see what comes up...

I actually did use the frisket paper on the side windows, because of bad window masks... Its more like a clear stretchable film that custom painters use to mask out contours like motorcycle tanks & such... I still have the issue of cutting straight lines with an exacto blade... lol So I use the blue painters tape whenever possible. I can't stand the liquid mask, & only use it If I absolutely have to.
The frisket worked great, just a pain to get straight cuts..

Back