Jumping the Shed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
We have all seen the video of the guy jumping his house with his r/c, right?
Well,I thought that was really cool but it was a buggy and I have a Savage which is much bigger, heavier and not as fast. But I've been wanting to jump something big.

So it's grass cutting season and I head out to dig my mower from my shed and then the thought hits me, the shed is smaller than a house but big enough to be interesting. I wonder if a Savage can jump it???? So i get the mower out and ready then I commission my son to cutting the grass. Meanwhile I call my buddy and tell him my plans.

He comes over and we spend the next hour with evil Dr Jekyl grins on our faces as we scavenge materials out of the shed. A few zips with some power tools and ta-dah, a ramp is born. Nothing fancy, just a shoddy make-shift ramp from limited supplies and tools but $0 cost.

Here's the ramp and shed we plan to jump :
jump1.jpg

jump2.jpg

jump3.jpg

So now we're ready to fly! We call out my wife, kids and our neighbor friends to watch this one. My buddy goes first, his rig is a Cen Matrix buggy. I figure it should have no problem making the jump. Sorry, no video but I set my camera to sequence mode and wife got these pictures.
buggy1.jpg

buggy2.jpg

buggy3.jpg

buggy4.jpg

buggy5.jpg

Just as suspected, a perfect jump! :celb2:

Now it's my turn, can a stock Savage 25 do it????? Well, I guess with all the fun and excitement my driving skills all got lost. But I ended up doing an unintentional backflip over the shed with a crash landing. Here's the sequence my wife got of it.
savage1.jpg

savage2.jpg

savage3.jpg

savage4.jpg

savage5.jpg

The best thing though, no broken parts, YET!!!! LOL O yeah,LOL we jumped until we broke. The buggy made 3 or 4 jumps and I got in about 5 or 6 attemps(none were very successful) before it was all said and done.

Finally the carnage list, for the buggy it was 1 front a-arm mount, cracked fuel tank and he says he found a couple more things today but didn't specify what they were. As for my Savage, I trashed the body, bent 1 shock shaft, broke a front bumper brace, 1 rear drive dogbone(after 3rd jump, repaired and still ok now) and on the last jump I broke the rear center dogbone.

Was it worth it? Heck yeah :celebrate: My wife says she hasn't ever seen me smile so big and laugh so hard.

Today it's back to reality, work. But there will be a next time and there will be video!!!!!!!!!

Now that looks like fun, video would be great!

Top marks for the camera work.

Judging by the pics, looks like they just cleared the shed LOL

Dave

That's awesome. Nice work. No cost to make the ramp, but the damage to the cars made up for it. It still was probably worth every penny.

Cool man.....vids would be great.....I guess I better build a ramp...once my boys see this I am doomed...

Talon

heh, oh man nice! Loved the commentary.
We have really soft ground out here, but I won't have the sack to do that to my new toy for a while.

Here I was thinking that the shed was tiny....

One of the best shots of a jump I have seen. I was comparing this to the famous Cyrul hous jump. This was very entertaining. I hope you can try it again and shoot a vid of the bash!!!

Nice work man.

That was sweet! I just don't have the Brass to do that to my truck! That was cool as hell though.

Tom

That was flippin' AWESOME! And a back-flip to boot!

Damn, wish I had shed now!

I think it's both a backflip and a front flip....

Looks to me like the Savage landed on the roof on it's lid, then front flipped on over the shed....

Outstanding photography!!!!

Mr T

That was flippin' AWESOME! And a back-flip to boot!

Damn, wish I had shed now!

I'll be putting up a 10x14 foot shed sometime next week. I don't plan on jumpin it, since it's next to a fence. But every time I look at it, I'll picture an upside down savage over it.

Monkey is going to spend his next couple hundred just to get a shed to jump instead of some hop ups

I'm going shed shopping,then ramp building nice work on the photo's

I think it's both a backflip and a front flip....

Looks to me like the Savage landed on the roof on it's lid, then front flipped on over the shed....

Outstanding photography!!!!

Mr T

Actually on this jump I don't think it hit the shed. It's hard to tell from the angle but the truck is actually off to the side of the roof peak. I definately landed upside down a few times on the shed and on my wheels on the shed.

If you notice from ramp pics, we used my son's bmx ramp as a lead-on to the wooden ramp. The problem however, was that the bmx ramp is only slightly wider than the truck. That combined with the rough grass, we had a hard time keeping them straight enough to hit the ramp and therefore we couldn't get max speed.
A few times I missed and went 1/2 off the side and head-on into the edge of the wooden ramp, completely knocking it down. OUCH!!!! LOL

Like I said at the bottom of the post, we will do it again and we will have video. The battery wasn't charged this time. We're going to make the ramp better with a wider lead-in and try to cut the grass lower for a smother and faster run at it. I WILL jump it, I WILL clear it, I WILL land on my wheels and I WILL drive away! Gotta think positive, right? :D

That was sweet! I just don't have the Brass to do that to my truck! That was cool as hell though.

Tom

same here. I'd love a go but don't want to fork out for the repairs. Oh well i'll just watch (for now):redbuggy:

Back