jump to 5th scale. Need advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldvod

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I might pick up a 5th scale dbxl in a few weeks from now but before i do so i would like to have a list of tips/tricks and general advice on 5th scale gas

Last edited:
read the manual, do a proper RUN in with the motor, Wet needle setting= alot smoke should come out from exhaust, and drive very slow in beginning,
Wet run in . No stressing , then you will have a motor that will last you Long time.

I do Gas motor run-in with 3% oil 1% extra first 2 tanks
then 2.5% 3tanks.
6th run i start with 2% and tuning the motor to lean side, run faster

avoid drive near other people, or they be mad at you because they are loud , alot louder than lawnmovers

they are heavy, you dont want accidents happen.
With these things , no Alcohol. these are heavy cars, so Dont drink and drive with it

racing oil, check video

Last edited:
@coldvod I've had several large scale RC's and by far the biggest recommendation I can give you is to buy a kill switch.

I'd check out the Killer RC kill switch.

read the manual, do a proper RUN in with the motor, Wet needle setting= alot smoke should come out from exhaust, and drive very slow in beginning,
Wet run in . No stressing , then you will have a motor that will last you Long time.

I do Gas motor run-in with 3% oil 1% extra first 2 tanks
then 2.5% 3tanks.
6th run i start with 2% and tuning the motor to lean side, run faster

avoid drive near other people, or they be mad at you because they are loud , alot louder than lawnmovers

they are heavy, you dont want accidents happen.
With these things , no Alcohol. these are heavy cars, so Dont drink and drive with it

racing oil, check video
@coldvod I've had several large scale RC's and by far the biggest recommendation I can give you is to buy a kill switch.

Thanks

Which of the two would you recommend https://www.killerrc.com/collections/kill-switches/products/super-bee-kill-switch or
https://www.killerrc.com/collections/kill-switches/products/super-bee-kill-switch-car-kit

@coldvod the kit would be my pick just because everything you need is right there ready to go and really just for a few bucks more.

Back