JLB Cheetah wheels just don't come off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ribka

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Sometime ago i bought a JLB Cheetah. Some time later i bought a roller. The wheels of the roller are impossible to get off! I tried hammering it, pulling it, but there's only so much pressure you can put on these wheels because there's more connected to it, and the last thing i want is to break something else while trying to get the wheels off!

I contacted JLB and they said "Ok, send it back and we will fix it". But that's not what i want to do... send it back to China...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rienk

Take the A-arm off, or the carrier/upright if you can get to it. That way you can stand the wheel up over a socket or something round. Then put the wheel nut on the axle loosely, so you don't damage the threads of the axle. Then tap the nut to push the axle out of the wheel. I am not familiar with that car, so make sure nothing else is holding the wheel to the axle.

Hi everyone!

Sometime ago i bought a JLB Cheetah. Some time later i bought a roller. The wheels of the roller are impossible to get off! I tried hammering it, pulling it, but there's only so much pressure you can put on these wheels because there's more connected to it, and the last thing i want is to break something else while trying to get the wheels off!

I contacted JLB and they said "Ok, send it back and we will fix it". But that's not what i want to do... send it back to China...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rienk
I don't know what it is but every video or forum. Say they are pressed on. So I would follow what wickedfog said above loosen the wheel nut and start Tappan on the nut or you can try a little bit a heat from a heat gun on low. Keep gun moving get the hub warm then start pulling and Tappan on it. Don't know why they would be pressed on buy they are good luck. Let's us know how you make out bud 👍👍

Hi everyone!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rienk
That happened to me, along with leaking shocks and broken diff.
I just returned and refunded the car.