Jetson Personal Vertical Take-Off and Landing Vehicle (Drone)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Ok, we don't have personal jetpacks yet, but this is a thing now.
Screenshot_20211026-073312_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211026-073224_YouTube.jpg

It looks really cool, but my first thought is who wants to start placing bets on the date the first decapitation by personal aircraft takes place? 🤗

We made and tested carbon fiber props for drones. If you saw the safeguards put in place just in case one of those props exploded, it makes the safeguards on this look like invisible tissue paper, cause there is none. It just looks like some day soon there's going to be a bunch of people debating why the engineers behind this didn't think of that.

But man, how fun would this be? 🤘🤘🤘

Last edited:
Ok, we don't have personal jetpacks yet, but this is a thing now.
View attachment 135593
View attachment 135594

It looks really cool, but my first thought is who wants to start placing bets on the date the first decapitation by personal aircraft takes place? 🤗

We made and tested carbon fiber props for drones. If you saw the safeguards put in place just in case one of those props exploded, it makes the safeguards on this look like invisible tissue paper, cause there is none. It just looks like some day soon there's going to be a bunch of people debating why the engineers behind these this didn't think of that.

But man, how fun would this be? 🤘🤘🤘
Thats fine, We need to thin the heard by handing out more Darwin awards anyway.

Someone gonna have to invent an octocopter to haul my fat ass and the cock pit gonna have to be twice that wide. 🤣

I was thinking the same thing. But technically, it does have 8 blades. They are hard to see in the pics. And me only being half-brained today, I forgot to post the vid.

But watching this, I am envisioning a racing series 😉

I was thinking the same thing. But technically, it does have 8 blades. They are hard to see in the pics. And me only being half-brained today, I forgot to post the vid.

But watching this, I am envisioning a racing series 😉
I stand corrected...Ima need 16 blades :hehe:

That would be a cool race to watch. They need to make it like a Death Race 2000 though 🤣

They are expecting to build more than one, it's equipped with rear view mirrors....:p

They are expecting to build more than one, it's equipped with rear view mirrors....:p
That's funny. I didn't even notice that. But I like how it only seems to fly just high enough to still get stuck behind a semi and suv's 🤪

You would think the technology in it would proceed a bit further than the cell phone odometer LOL.
air.jpg

Last edited:
You would think the technology in it would proceed a bit further than the cell phone odometer LOL.
View attachment 135596
Yeah. Surprized that isn't the controls. And just noticed the ejection seat lol. The ejection seat is probaly actually the "OH S#IT! handle 😝

View attachment 135596
It's a great idea. The cell phones a nice touch. But what about the blades that are sprinning at whatever rpm a foot or two away from you face. I would definitely want some sort of protection from them. I wouldn't want to eat one for lunch... something on hinges so you can still shoe horn tour self into it.🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣