Jerry-rigged a Tekno SCT410

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
I picked up this Tekno sct410 several months ago, used, in kind of rough shape. It has been a slow roll rebuilding it. Just almost done now. Got the bug body painted and trimmed tonight, still need to drill the mounting holes. Tires are Pro-Line 2.2 Badland on a slash offset. Power is a Tekin pro4 4600 KV, with a MMX driving it. So far have only done a few Shakedown runs in the front yard and up and down the street, but it runs like a banshee. Looking forward to spending time with this car.
20181201_222806.jpg
20181201_222833.jpg
20181130_151658.jpg

Last edited:
That looks nice. Been thinking of getting a Tekno to mess around with

That looks nice. Been thinking of getting a Tekno to mess around with

I really enjoyed the (re)build. Tekno started as a company making high end after market parts for racing kits, and that shows thru in the build. Probably 80% of the screws are thru-bolted, instead on threaded into plastic. Where they do thread into plastic, they almost always have about 1/2" of threads in the plastic, and the screw hole is thru-drilled, with the screw end flush with the edge of the part. Lots of little details that show they have thought about every screw and nut and part on the car.

Here was the car as I got it. Only three wheels, and no body... Bottom of the chassis has no paint left, and the front skid was worn thru, no not a low hours car. But everything was still tight. My parts list was new - front bumper, a set of wheel hexes and wheel nuts, new ESC (the one that came in the car was a HW "Juststock" - not suitable for that Pro4) and a new body. When I started the rebuild, I was sure I would be making a parts order every week, but there was just nothing else wrong or worn out in the car. (there are a few dogbone pins that are ready to be replaced, but the dogbone cups still look great) Really, great quality.

Attachments

• 20180813_195904.jpg
    20180813_195904.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 20180813_210329.jpg
    20180813_210329.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 257
Skate park 1, Tekno 0.

Broke an axle, on a chitty warm up, traxxas size jump.

20190201_130149.jpg

On concrete, yes, and a one wheel landing, but I did land wheels down. Maybe 3' air, this was a small 1'tall launch ramp.

Oh, and then the mail man arrived and this happened. Blasphemy?
20190201_173250.jpg

Yes, the sct410 is under there...

Well, that was fun... found a new part of the park to run in, lots of washouts and small hills leftover from a big flood a while back. Will be even better once the deeper holes dry out.

Oh, and found LVC too. Been so long, it surprised me, I though the truck broke at first... lol
20190318_114803.jpg

Well, that was fun... found a new part of the park to run in, lots of washouts and small hills leftover from a big flood a while back. Will be even better once the deeper holes dry out.

Oh, and found LVC too. Been so long, it surprised me, I though the truck broke at first... lol
View attachment 33000
It looks like you did break something. That right front toe looks to be different from the left.

Nah, the steering is just not centered.

But cleaning up, I did find that I broke the body. One rear fender is about to fall off... ??

Back