Jeeze only about 10-11 tanks and think i already blew the rear diff!!!! Help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK well i was doing some bashing and then all of a sudden it gave out and only the front wheels will go now theres no power once so ever to the rear wheels. If i spin one the other wont move and i can moove both in either the same or opposite directions. Think the diff is blown please try and answer quick i wanna try and fix it by tomorrow or fix it tomorrow.

If you were in a big hurry for an answer you could have tried the search feature as this exact problem has been discussed in great detail.

Anyway, yep, sounds like your diff is blown, it happened to mine on the tenth tank. Rebuild it with the four spider mod.

thanks NC i guess the diffs arnt as rugid as the rest of the turck?

ok turns out the screw that holds on the cup joint fell out and the cup joint was just spining on the diff shaft. I'm still going to order the parts for the 4 spider mod though so when it does blow out ill have the parts to do the mod.

dont you just love when that happens something could of been something so wrong and it just ends up being a loose grub screw...

it was missing but none the less yea I'm glad though i only hade to take the rear end off instead of apart along with the diff. LOL

You should loctite the set screws so they don't fall out. When you do the 4 spider mod also use new diff cups and don't forget the o-rings. It would also be wise to use new bearings in both the diff and gear box as they take quite a beating under power. Also shim the diff on the ring side to eliminate excess play in the diff shaft. I went to all alloy diff cups and gearboxes to eliminate the play that was destroying my diffs even with the 4 spider mod.

Tower has the gh diff cups and megatech gearboxes and that's where I got them.

Back