Jeep YJ RcModelex

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREEDOM83

RCTalk Champion
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't let it escape, with that decoration it reminded me so much of him...:

and this is what I received, this afternoon I will start with it, cleaning the inside with ultrasonics, regreasing, 2-3mm more wheelbase, 8274 winch and new fusion 1800 electronics and 45kg SRT servo

It is already checked and oiled, the truth is that it came in excellent condition, a great seller. And after trying things, it definitely stays with that electronics, I thought it was a weaker servo but no, it's good enough.
The 8274 winch could perhaps make room for it but it is very tight on its bumper and the 9.5ti doesn't fit either, so it stays with the one it is.
The shock absorbers leak oil, like all those models, but they have been checked and work very smoothly, I adjust them to my liking and otherwise I would say that the car is ready to ride.
Today I will put some matching lights on it and as you can see in the photos I already put some stickers and decorations.

Cool lil rig. 👍

And you went period correct incandescent color!

I owned a black, soft top YJ back in the late 90's when I was residing in Hawaii. It was a lot of fun on the beach and mountains!
20231221_165702.jpg

Last edited:
Back