Jconcepts tire life

• Thread starter Vanilla Gorilla
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Gorilla

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Jconcepts tires?

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/sprinter-22-buggy-rear

These are R2 medium soft compound "long wear". I have heard "racers" (online) say they have to replace tires every 2-3 races. I will be running a few 1/10 brushless 4WD buggies on a packed clayish oval (in the tropics), so I am in the market for pin/block-type tires. I will not be racing professionally, just want to turn laps with the kids. How long will these last going around left turns with slight skidding if I were to use them about 2-3 hours a week? Also, if anyone is running these tires, what is the total outer diameter when mounted to a 2.2" wheel?

Any other cheap, hard-wear pin tires that will fit a Jconcepts 9-shot 2.2 Wheel?

Thanks

DD's sure about 3 years running on stock truck 19turn back in the days. when 17.5 came out about 6 months weekly race about 3 races a week.no square pins always liked jc's

DD's sure about 3 years running on stock truck 19turn back in the days. when 17.5 came out about 6 months weekly race about 3 races a week.no square pins always liked jc's
Even 6 months is not too bad, sounds like upping the motor sprocket size can stretch life. Were you using greens? I can't find reds anywhere, greens everywhere, blues some places, but no reds. The track I am building is in a tropical country, and will be hard clay, but probably will be in the sun sometimes in 65-90F heat. Will greens just melt?

Back