Jada toys Escalade Project (toy grade rc)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skurtzicus

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Escalade $20 Got this hardbody jada toys rc escalade for $20 on kijiiji. I bought it because of nostalgia, I use to have this exact same one as a kid. Actually this and my new bright hummer h2 were the first rc's i ever took apart and tried to customize. Now I'm more knowledgeable on what to do so this time the upgrades will bee different but better in a way, Hopefully. Running video's coming soon. Any ideas what I should do this? I was thinking bluetooth speakers, maybe a body sand down , remove decals and re-do paint job(even thought its a nice pearlescent white), remove the windows make an interior and upgrade the light kit.....?? Only thing is i used to have this as a kid before and i know how the inside looks so i dont know if i would have to change the whole toy rc chassis to something more hobby grade or just remove all the electronics and just upgrade it on the toy rc chassis? I have a lot more questions and explaining but ill go as it goes. Let me know your thoughts!?
200232.jpg

DSCF0010.JPG
DSCF0008.JPG

I would put some serious update to this.. did you pay extra for the gorilla tape..sorry man.. id convert that to a more style like the ones most of us use..new rx new esc . check on motors limits..I have boxes of 1/18-1/16 rc gear in my hobby rooms

I would put some serious update to this.. did you pay extra for the gorilla tape..sorry man.. id convert that to a more style like the ones most of us use..new rx new esc . check on motors limits..I have boxes of 1/18-1/16 rc gear in my hobby rooms
No everything came with it, I bought it because I used to have one as a kid so i wanted it. I have a traxxas 2wd and a 3 racing d3. My sc10 is my next project after i put in some work on this. So your saying i should upgrade it to hobby grade instead of just stripping it down and slapping new electronics in it and painting the body, etc.?

its all up to you .keep it the way it was made or go full make over and upgrade it to modular electronics..thats just me as I said I have boxes of mini electronics.

its all up to you .keep it the way it was made or go full make over and upgrade it to modular electronics..thats just me as I said I have boxes of mini electronics.
are you telling me because your giving away/selling ?

- my softly edited unboxing
- First drive video

Ok i got some planning done for this project I'm just not sure where to start so ill start by continuing my planning.
So far i decided that i will use bluetooth speakers to make the fake sound system in the back real and so i can listen to music while drive
I want to make an interior and see through windows so you can see the interior and upgrade the light kit that it comes with because it is what i think kills the ni-mh battery so quick
might do something with styrene and reflective tape too . still unsure really. The big one is the chassis, everyone is telling to upgrade the chassis to something better but never suggest anything
and choosing a chassis is hard but finding one for my budget might be even harder. We'll see when we get there any tips? suggestion? please let me know

Finally took the time to look at it more, some Ideas are coming. Still not sure where I want to go with though, might just work on body n led kit for now. Help me out?

I might do both like a phase 1 , phase 2 type of thing

Attachments

• 1020.jpg
    1020.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 10020.jpg
    10020.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 102020.jpg
    102020.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 73
They made 2 versions of this truck one already has clear windows and an interior but what is the dimensions of the truck ?

They made 2 versions of this truck one already has clear windows and an interior but what is the dimensions of the truck ?
the one your talking about is the 1/6 i seen that one, this is 1/10.

I used to have the 1/6 h2 and I found one for sale was thinking of getting it for the same reason you got this one but I like the look of the escalade better

I used to have the 1/6 h2 and I found one for sale was thinking of getting it for the same reason you got this one but I like the look of the escalade better
yea i love those too, i had a new bright H2 when i was a kid with this same escalade and it was the best time ever! who know's if i can do this good that might be my next purchase

You going street or crawler with it?
I think I'm going to keep it street because thats what i like, But i do watch a lot of crawler video's on youtube and I think i like

I almost want to say do a frankenstein drivetrain so that it can do both like 4x4 slash difs and a 2 speed transmission but that's something I would do

Finally got it taken a part, more pics coming later. Also more info. coming later too with the pics. I got some ideas flowing even more.

Attachments

• 1esc1.jpg
    1esc1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 11esc2.jpg
    11esc2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 73
I almost want to say do a frankenstein drivetrain so that it can do both like 4x4 slash difs and a 2 speed transmission but that's something I would do
so should i do that on a new hobby grade chassis or on the toy chassis first then upgrade later? wheni i post the other pics late you'll get a better idea on the body, *Hint* it kind of fits one of my on-road chassis that i already have.

Back