I've turned to the dark side...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
well after getting a few new parts for the crawler i bought off Radron, its ready for its debut.

so far all i've done is swap out the mismatched alum parts for Axial Red ones and picked up an EDGE tuber chassis but i'm sure more hop ups will be needed. Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
Looks good. I lkie the paint job.

Great job man, twas a nice rig before too, i like what youve done with it.

thanks guys. i'm honestly not liking the yellow and blue against the red so i may try and paint red over it. now i just need to find a cool place to run it. i've been running it over my kids toys and fire wood stack but thats getting old quickly.

any tips on what i should hop up next? i'm still learning about droop and digs and the other crawler terms.

id say start with some new tires, the hammers are good tires but there are way better available now imo...then drive it and get used to it before you start doing suspension stuff...that way you know for sure how it was effected in a pos or neg way and can improve it from there!

thanks for the tip. i'll drive these some more and then look for a new set of tires. what do you recommend?

the losi rock claws are super duper good tires, i personally LOVE my hpi grabbers better though and they are taller wich is a plus for me, i havent run them but the HB rovers seem to be in the top main three right now as well...

Looking awesome man!!!! the New Proline Chisel's that are releasing this month look to be great tire too, I have the rock claws and I'm loving them, great traction, and they side hill nice too, if you look at the vids I posted here https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65861
you can kind of compare the hammers to the rock claws, my friend with white ax10 is using the hammers.

thank you...

so here is what i learned tonight...
the shocks that came with the crawler appear to be shot. i took the crawler out a few minutes back (bored and needed to kill a craving) and 3 of the 4 caps popped as i was trying to climb. at first i thought maybe they were just loose but after tightening them down, they popped off again. so now i need to scout of for new shocks. second thing i learned, i need better batteries. i've been running MLST packs and its just not enough juice. time to search for a nice small sized LIPO.
last thing i learned...i suck at driving this thing. i had to reverse out atleast a dozen times and i fell over twice trying to climb a simple wood pile.

thank you...

so here is what i learned tonight...
the shocks that came with the crawler appear to be shot. i took the crawler out a few minutes back (bored and needed to kill a craving) and 3 of the 4 caps popped as i was trying to climb. at first i thought maybe they were just loose but after tightening them down, they popped off again. so now i need to scout of for new shocks. second thing i learned, i need better batteries. i've been running MLST packs and its just not enough juice. time to search for a nice small sized LIPO.
last thing i learned...i suck at driving this thing. i had to reverse out atleast a dozen times and i fell over twice trying to climb a simple wood pile.

Sounds like you learned a lot, One thing I have learned is some things may look like they would be easy to crawl over but in reality they end being very difficult, another thing is that wheel placement is very important...keep practicing and it will get easier...

That's one 'tubular' chassis :D & BTW, I like the P.J.......I think you should leave it. :thumbup:

Back