It has already started....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Winter is here.
I have already caught myself pacing the floor..... Yep it's snowing out the front window too.

Seems like the older I get, the longer it is. Wind chill here was -3 last weekend at 10am. Supposed to be close to zero tonight.

It was -39 Celsius with the windchill here last Saturday, or Friday. I had the privilege of watching my.....ex's husband shivering while he was gassing up his death trap of a Honda civic. He was in full winter regalia, while I was in my jeans & carhartt sweater. Forgot to mention he's from Arizona.

Woke up this morning to snow on the ground here in Knoxville, and flurries all day. That's the reason I moved out of New York. I'd had enough cold and enough snow.
People here are all wowed out saying, "ooh, it's so beautiful." No it's not. I was hoping I'd never have to see it again.

It was -39 Celsius with the windchill here last Saturday, or Friday. I had the privilege of watching my.....ex's husband shivering while he was gassing up his death trap of a Honda civic. He was in full winter regalia, while I was in my jeans & carhartt sweater. Forgot to mention he's from Arizona.
Correct me if I am wrong....
But I'm thinking You don't care much for the guy and he is a wimp.
-7 fahrenheit? Is that right?

Woke up this morning to snow on the ground here in Knoxville, and flurries all day. That's the reason I moved out of New York. I'd had enough cold and enough snow.
People here are all wowed out saying, "ooh, it's so beautiful." No it's not. I was hoping I'd never have to see it again.
It is pretty. But it lasts for at least 3 months. Doesn't sound very long, but I would love to be out mowing grass or working in the garden.

East of the Smokies...we don't get much, if any, white stuff. Hardly have a cold winter. Would love to see it drop some this year...kill off all these dang bugs. Starting to get fairly cold the past week so maybe if no snow, a good cold winter. Did have a touch of sleet and flurries today, but it didn't last long.

Correct me if I am wrong....
But I'm thinking You don't care much for the guy and he is a wimp.
-7 fahrenheit? Is that right?

Actually, I love that guy he married her and now she doesn't call me in the middle of the night anymore. I remember she once caught me reading their his and hers t-shirts, and told me stop starring "it could have been you" I just replied "didn't your parents teach you it's not polite to threaten people".

He may or may not be a whimp I've never seen him do what ever he does for money. I do realize he's from a different climate and that makes me laugh, especially when he's walking around looking like a human goose down pillow.

I think -39 Celsius is -38 Fahrenheit.

Last edited:
I do realize he's from a different climate and that makes me laugh, especially when he's walking around looking like a human goose down pillow.
I've lived here all my life. Can remember Dad starting a fire under his truck to warm the oil so it would turn over fast enough to start. Was that what they were talking about the "good ol days"?

My grandfather used to tell me of stories of that method. My bush method is safer: I'd start a fire, heat up some coal chunks, and then use a scoop shovel to place them under the truck. I decided on this because of a garage & vehicles being burned down from an improper explanation of this practice, not me but a guy from my community.

My father would run an extension light out from a basement window, put it next to the car battery and wrap it all up with a wool blanket.
I don't remember him telling me it was a 40 watt bulb, but years later I got up and wondered why my coffee maker wouldn't work and half the lights were out in the house.
It took me a while to track it all down but the 100 watt bulb had melted a small hole it the side of the battery, the leaking acid blew the bulb, more acid dripped down to the 4 gang extension box under the car blowing the circuit to the kitchen and bathroom.
Stripped a fair amount of paint in the engine compartment and turned the wool blanket into something that looked like a dead dark green sheep.

4 +/- inches here at home today, was still flurrying last time i was outside. hoping it clears up tomorrow, gotta finish the new paint job on my TF2

Last edited:
snow

here in Wichita KS we have had in the past our share of snow. but this time we missed the bullet. when i was young i missed some close calls in a car in ice.

No snow here in my padded cell. My hands are also warm in my one-armed jacket. lol

Digger you need to get a cheap snowmobile so you can start praying for snow like me!

Woke up to a little snow here in South Western Ontario, and it's supposed to snow for the next couple of days. I'm a born city slicker living far in the country now I'm use to driving in snow, but my Civic (I know laugh it up but it served a good purpose in the city) is not used to roads not being cleared for days, especially dirt roads. So snow days take me a a lot more time to travel, looking for a winter beater 4x4 this winter.

Back