Issue with Exceed RC forza

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deloreandrag

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to RC cars and stuff, however just had a quick question. Yesterday I was running my Exceed RC Forza with the .18 engine and two speed transmission. I was running it up and down my street when suddenly the car stopped and wouldn't go into gear. As I pushed on the accelerator it just revved and didn't move. I was looking online and saw that people said it need tightening of the slipper clutch or something like that. Can someone please tell me if this is the issue or something else? And if is the issue, how do you tighten the slipper clutch? Thank you, this will help a lot!

It sounds like that could be the case, but first you need to identify that that is where the drive is in fact stopping. Trace down the drive train until you find a point where things stop moving, then you have pinpointed the issue. Here is a video on how to tighten the slipper clutch:
Personally don't own a vehicle with a slipper clutch so don't really know much about them, however plenty of the guys here will be happy to help you out in more detail :)

It sounds like that could be the case, but first you need to identify that that is where the drive is in fact stopping. Trace down the drive train until you find a point where things stop moving, then you have pinpointed the issue. Here is a video on how to tighten the slipper clutch:
Personally don't own a vehicle with a slipper clutch so don't really know much about them, however plenty of the guys here will be happy to help you out in more detail :)

Alrighty, so here are some picks of the car:
IMG_20160209_162310.jpg

IMG_20160209_162328.jpg

On the second image (one showing the engine/exhaust), right below the air filter, would that be were I tighten the gears (possibly remove the fuel tank) or would I have to completely remove the transmission? Or is there an easier way to do it? Thanks for the help, so far has come into use and sorry for all the questions XD

Alrighty, so here are some picks of the car:
View attachment 17337

View attachment 17336

On the second image (one showing the engine/exhaust), right below the air filter, would that be were I tighten the gears (possibly remove the fuel tank) or would I have to completely remove the transmission? Or is there an easier way to do it? Thanks for the help, so far has come into use and sorry for all the questions XD
First check whether the gear that comes off the engine is touching the one that is on that black box. Also, is that rod coming from the throttle servo attached to anything?

Ok, so here's another picture of the car: ((Sorry for quality)
IMG_20160211_212449.jpg

The gear that is coming from the engine is touching and turning with the gears in the transmission. And the throttle road is connecting to the carb opening and closing it properly. Its just that i think the clutch isn't possibly grabbing onto the gears, but you probably know more than me.. lol So, what next?

Ok, so here's another picture of the car: ((Sorry for quality)
View attachment 17355
The gear that is coming from the engine is touching and turning with the gears in the transmission. And the throttle road is connecting to the carb opening and closing it properly. Its just that i think the clutch isn't possibly grabbing onto the gears, but you probably know more than me.. lol So, what next?
When you rev the engine, where does the drive stop? Do the drive shafts coming out of the engine move?

When you rev the engine, where does the drive stop? Do the drive shafts coming out of the engine move?
So, last night i decided to clean the car with some air- compressed duster thing. Then this morning, i went out and the car started right up and it started to move. Then when i applied the throttle, it seemed to catch first gear and was accelerating normally. Maybe cleaning it helped it? Not sure. But, as i was driving it around, when i got up to speed, the car would bog down and wouldn't catch second gear. The car is tuned right. So, I'm happy it started to move again, but now I'm not sure whats wrong with second gear.

The tune could be just a tiny bit off and cause the car not to shift into 2nd.

So, last night i decided to clean the car with some air- compressed duster thing. Then this morning, i went out and the car started right up and it started to move. Then when i applied the throttle, it seemed to catch first gear and was accelerating normally. Maybe cleaning it helped it? Not sure. But, as i was driving it around, when i got up to speed, the car would bog down and wouldn't catch second gear. The car is tuned right. So, I'm happy it started to move again, but now I'm not sure whats wrong with second gear.
It could of been. However, as hamz mentioned, the tune could of done it.

The tune could be just a tiny bit off and cause the car not to shift into 2nd.

So, just let the car run for a couple minutes to get the engine warmed up, then turn the high-speed needle 1/8th of an inch to make it more lean or more rich and just keep playing with it until it kicks into second?

Make sure the hip bone's connected to the thigh bone. :)

Well, my luck ran out unfortunately... I was running it around and then it had the same problem... Wouldn't move and it began to start revving again. (Also, when on the ground, the cars wheels are locked up and wont move.) However, this time when i looked in the little whole in the transmission, it seemed that the clutch was not moving and there was this black thing attached to one of the gears (looked as if it was torn off) So now, i think the clutch needs to be replaced... Any suggestions and if the car needs a new clutch, how do i get the transmission safely out of the car? Thanks!

Ok, well I found a video and took the transmission out of the vehicle. Here's a pic:
IMG_20160221_174254.jpg

(Sorry if its hard to see) On the first gear, closest to the clutch (or whatever it is), when i move that gear around there is a black piece that moves around with it and doesn't move the clutch. Does this mean I have to replace it?